Should a lower Praxis passing rate deter me from going to a grad program?

tapa

Hi everyone! I was accepted into a grad program recently but I am a little worried because this program, which I consider to have a lot of pros, seems to have a lower Praxis passing rate than some of the other schools I had previously applied to. (Though I'm not actually sure what is considered a low passing rate?) Basically, the program had a 68% Praxis passing rate last year- though their Praxis passing rate was low 80s the two years before that. Knowing this, should I reconsider attending this program? I read that ASHA's CAA accrediation service sets their benchmark as an 80% praxis passing rate so knowing this makes me even more nervous to be honest, though I will say that there didn't seemed to be too many students at the program taking the praxis last year (just 9 students) relative to the years before that so I would think that a small number skews results alot?

While this program isn't my dream school and I could most likely get into a program with a better location and higher overall stats this fall (my gpa and gre were much higher than the average for this program), I was very excited to attend this program as it was one of the cheapest in my states and allows students to do the 2nd year externship in a city they choose. (I have a long-time boyfriend and I will be doing long distance due to my Master's program so being able to leave my 2nd year would definitely be a plus.) And while the program isn't a topped rank school on USnews (it's under 200, but I'm not sure how much rank matters?), attending this program will mean that I can get my slp program done a semester earlier- v.s. trying out for Fall- and that much closer to meeting my slp requirements and starting my slp career (and paying off loans!). So with this knowledge as well, what do you all think? In advance, I really appreciate your advice and good luck to everyone who is currently looking at schools and applying!

Pennsatucky, thank you for your advice. I think it's because the program i'm interested is very small (only 10 student taking the the Praxis exam every year), so even if 1 person doesn't pass it sways the percent of those passing the Praxis by ALOT. Many other programs I saw had 25 or 30 students taking the Praxis each year so 1 person not passing would still lead to a high passing rate. 

Yes, but this program had a 68% pass rate, which is abysmal. Such a low pass rate is a giant red flag no matter the class size. And I would expect a smaller class size to have a HIGHER pass rate as each student should have more individualized attention. A program that cannot handle 10 students does not sound like a good program to me. 

Edited by Pennsatucky