International affairs masters- fall 2016

Zaksh

Hi all,

just wondering if anyone here has applied for fall 2016 masters in international relations or similar programs. 

Few early notification deadlines like sais, sipa and fletcher have already passed so I was wondering if anyone had started to hear back for interviews or next steps.

thanks!

Guest SIPA_MPA18

I applied to SIPA Early Action...I was hoping to hear back this week since it seems notifications went out prior to Thanksgiving in previous years, but I got nothing. Maybe by December 1...

Guest SIPA_MPA18
On December 2, 2015 at 1:25:45 AM, Zaksh said:

Hmm yea, lets wait out and see! Good luck!

PS: NYU Wagner deadline isnt till 15th Dec right? Just checking. 

Yeah NYU's is Dec 15th.

Best of luck to everyone in this thread applying for Fall 2016 IR programs! And especially to anyone considering SIPA :) I just received my university email & ID today. My parents are already clamoring for t-shirts and sweatshirts; they never asked me for university sportswear during my undergrad. Hm ): ): ): 

On 12/4/2015, 3:09:43, StyLeD said:

Best of luck to everyone in this thread applying for Fall 2016 IR programs! And especially to anyone considering SIPA :) I just received my university email & ID today. My parents are already clamoring for t-shirts and sweatshirts; they never asked me for university sportswear during my undergrad. Hm ): ): ): 

On 11/28/2015, 3:17:20, mpp2016 said:

I applied to SIPA Early Action...I was hoping to hear back this week since it seems notifications went out prior to Thanksgiving in previous years, but I got nothing. Maybe by December 1...

I thought SIPA notifications are only sent this early for the Spring application. I contacted the admissions office and they said that people who are applying for Fall will receive the notifications late Dec. or early January. They've said the same thing on their blog.

1 hour ago, AAAAAAAA said:

I thought SIPA notifications are only sent this early for the Spring application. I contacted the admissions office and they said that people who are applying for Fall will receive the notifications late Dec. or early January. They've said the same thing on their blog.

Whoops! Forgot to mention in the post that I did apply for spring. It's under "Application Season" <--- thataway 

Edited by StyLeD

hi guys! i just heard from fletcher yesterday, and I got accepted for Fall 2016 MALD program (yay)!

Anybody knows what kind of funding does Fletcher offer and on what basis?

Guest SIPA_MPA18
On December 16, 2015 at 1:02 PM, Sbalex said:

Hi,

Has anyone recieved a decision from SIPA for the MIA program? I know the decisions will be announced by January 1st but I can't help getting obsessive about it.

I tweeted with them this morning and they said they are trying to get them out before the holidays, but I also heard that it wouldn't be until January. My sanity is taking a serious hit. 

Edited by SIPA_MPA18

3 hours ago, mpp2016 said:

I tweeted with them this morning and they said they are trying to get them out before the holidays, but I also heard that it wouldn't be until January. My sanity is taking a serious hit. 

Ok. Thanks for letting me know. The torture continues...

Guest SIPA_MPA18
4 hours ago, Yang0616 said:

I applied to SIPA everly action too. Has anyone received anything??? I literally cannot bear the torture any more...

Check your application! I haven't got an email yet but I got my acceptance letter updated to my file!

Guest SIPA_MPA18
1 hour ago, Yang0616 said:

Congrats!

I got a rej, but still a big congrat to you !!!

Thanks! Sorry to hear you didn't get the answer you hoped, but I'm sure you'll get in somewhere great!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, I got in SIPA, Tufts Fletcher and SAIS (year in Europe and a year in DC) and I am extremely excited! Still waiting for funding results etc though.

If the financial costs of SIPA, Fletcher and SAIS end up being more or less equal, which is the better school of the 3? I aspire to work at a UN agency (UNHCR hopefully)...and I am an international student so not biased towards any particular state within the US...

Can anybody assist with this please? Thanks in advance!

23 hours ago, Zaksh said:

Hi, I got in SIPA, Tufts Fletcher and SAIS (year in Europe and a year in DC) and I am extremely excited! Still waiting for funding results etc though.

If the financial costs of SIPA, Fletcher and SAIS end up being more or less equal, which is the better school of the 3? I aspire to work at a UN agency (UNHCR hopefully)...and I am an international student so not biased towards any particular state within the US...

Can anybody assist with this please? Thanks in advance!

You could get there through any of the three, to be honest. Not as familiar with Fletcher but SIPA is known to have a lot of UN connections--not sure to what extent this is exaggerated or how much effort you actually have to put in to get them.

Also, I suggest you repost this in the government affairs forum, as more people will be able to answer your question there.