PhD in Health Policy/Health Services Research 2016

assumed

Since there's been a thread for HP/HSR for previous years, I figured I'd start one for this year. Where's everyone applying? 

I submitted Hopkins (HPM) today, have a few more to complete with Dec 15 deadlines (Harvard HP, Michigan HSOP, Yale HPM)

• 3 weeks later...

Oh yeah, wasn't a problem - I had been working on them for a few months so it was just a matter of pulling the trigger and actually submitting. Now the waiting game beings....

• 2 weeks later...

Applied to Harvard, Stanford and Minnesota (applied economics/health)

While I've had work experience in public health, my background is in economics, so I'd be interested in learning about people's profiles to know where I stand compared to "regular" public health applicants. I'll start:

GRE: 161V 166Q 4.0AW
Grad GPA: 3.64
Ugrad GPA: 3.56
Experience: 3 years working in a health department. Lots of projects, but no publications.
LORs: should be very strong.

I wanted to say that you guys are ahead of the line. I have just started! Which is uncool, since most of the cool programs have deadlines back in Dec on early Jan, which I can't meet. I couldn't apply because I was busy (i'm in full time school!) and because I was conflicted....whether to work full time first for a year or two, or whether to go to the phd. It's a tough choice. So, apply to the phd programs, in addition to interviewing for full time jobs. Hopefully sometime in march/april, I will have to choose.

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/24/2016 at 1:43 AM, Policy3090 said:

Anyone hear about interviews yet for health policy phd programs?

I've heard back from a few (Harvard, Hopkins) and scheduled interviews. From the results search, it seems like Yale, NYU, BU, Brown, and UWashington have also sent out interview invites, and Minnesota sent out (some? all?) acceptances. Anyone else?

I'm guessing since I didn't get a JH invite by now, I'm not getting one ever lol.  I did have an interview last week, but haven't heard from anyone else yet.

Anybody hear back from Chapel Hill yet?

5 hours ago, assumed said:

I've heard back from a few (Harvard, Hopkins) and scheduled interviews. From the results search, it seems like Yale, NYU, BU, Brown, and UWashington have also sent out interview invites, and Minnesota sent out (some? all?) acceptances. Anyone else?

Congrats on your interviews!!!

Do you mind sharing which concentration you applied for in Harvard's Health Policy program?

• 1 month later...