WNMU MSW Online

Yeah... So after much thought and weighing pros and cons, I am going to choose WNMU (assuming I am accepted). I do not care about rankings and all that BS anymore. Here is what I care about:

1. They are charging me in state rates, so my GI BILL covers ALL of the cost.
2. They are accepting 21 semester hours of transfer from my MA in Counseling Psych. That leaves me with 45 semester hours
3. They are CSWE accredited. Isn't that what matters most? I hope so.

I will be able to go full time and not cram because of the transfer credit. Widener is only offer 9 and other programs none.

Anyone else getting over the rankings hoopla and making your choice based on different criteria?

Christina

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Christina,

Just wanted to make introductions and say that I'm over the hoopla too! I applied to WNMU a few weeks ago and Portland State University in November (online versions) so am hoping to hear something soon. WNMU is my first choice. I've emailed back and forth with several of the WNMU staff including Dr. Walker and everyone was just so friendly. PSU? Well, I felt like just a number. My options were very few given a lackluster undergrad gpa, but good customer service will be the deciding factor should I get into both. I've been in the field for the last 15 years so hopefully that will help, but this is all a long-shot.

My hometown was very rural with tiny class sizes and an appreciation for that culture. I want a school that "gets it" and I think WNMU does, rankings be darned.

Mommy2boox2

• 4 years later...
  • 2 months later...
On 6/22/2020 at 7:04 PM, kellymiller said:

Can either of you offer updates on the MSW program at WNMU?  I am considering online program, but concerned about quality.  Thanks!

Hey Kelly. I recently applied to WNMU MSW program. Have you? I’m looking to see if anyone has heard anything and I found this website. 

Thanks