GRE score of 319(168 - QA , 151 - VA)

rahulkm3

As stated above , I got a GRE score of 319(168 - QA , 151 - VA)  . Already applied to Stanford , Harvard , Wharton n Berkeley for MBA . I am from India . I will b  having  a 26 months work ex ( 14 months at IBM (IT job ) + currently working at SAIL (Steel Authority of India Ltd) as a executive manager in the technical section - this job pertains to my degree as a Metallurgy & Materials Engg. ) . I did my BE in Metallurgy & Materials Engg from Indian Institute of Engineering Science & technology (BESU ) , Shibpur . My 10th n 12 th percentages are 86.2 n 77.4 respectively (CBSE board) . Anyone who has any experience in this - pls tell me what are my chances of actually making it with this profile n score . I am applying in the 2nd round of these coll which will start by Jan'16 . 

Hi rahulkm3,

Since you've named some competitive Schools, you would likely find it beneficial to talk with (or work with) an MBA Admissions Expert on your applications. There are lots to choose from, but this is the 'busy time' of year, so you might want to get started on that research soon (since most of those Experts are quite busy).

GRE Masters aren't born, they're made,

Rich

On 12/15/2015 at 6:58 AM, EMPOWERgreRichC said:

Hi rahulkm3,

Since you've named some competitive Schools, you would likely find it beneficial to talk with (or work with) an MBA Admissions Expert on your applications. There are lots to choose from, but this is the 'busy time' of year, so you might want to get started on that research soon (since most of those Experts are quite busy).

Rich

Hey. So, i just took up my gre last week and got a score of 319(162V 157M 4.5AWA). I'm currently in my third year and i plan on applying to schools like dartmouth and USC for their engineering management programs in 2017. Do you think i need to retake it, or just spend my time on improving my current profile? Any feedback would be appreciated.  

Hi ISEEYOUTHERE,

Once you know the exact Schools/Programs that you plan to apply to, you should be able to research the websites of the specific Programs and get a better sense of how your GRE Score compares. While the V162 is impressive (it's right around the 90th percentile), the M157 will probably not impress anyone. Depending on the level of competition, you might opt to retest.

1) How long did you study for the GRE?

2) What resources did you use?

Rich