Help with choosing schools

confused as ever

Hey there!

I'm looking for universities with Artificial Intelligence programs (Masters) an these are my scores:

GRE: 1370 (Q: 790, V: 580, AWA: awaited)

TOEFL: 117 (r,s,w:29 l:30)

Estimated GPA: around 3.6

Could you please mention some of universities that I could apply to?

I have been suggested to apply at:

U of Florida

Texas A&M

Georgia Tech

USC

U of Texas, Dallas

U of Tennessee, Knoxville

Polytechnic, NY

Syracuse University.

But I'm still confused as to which ones to choose. I'm looking for good universities that also offer financial aid. Also considering that I'm an International student, I don't really know what criteria to use while shortlisting universities. I've been preferring those with a higher rank.

So please help me...

Hey there!

I'm looking for universities with Artificial Intelligence programs (Masters) an these are my scores:

GRE: 1370 (Q: 790, V: 580, AWA: awaited)

TOEFL: 117 (r,s,w:29 l:30)

Estimated GPA: around 3.6

Could you please mention some of universities that I could apply to?

I have been suggested to apply at:

U of Florida

Texas A&M

Georgia Tech

USC

U of Texas, Dallas

U of Tennessee, Knoxville

Polytechnic, NY

Syracuse University.

But I'm still confused as to which ones to choose. I'm looking for good universities that also offer financial aid. Also considering that I'm an International student, I don't really know what criteria to use while shortlisting universities. I've been preferring those with a higher rank.

So please help me...

Anyone??

I do not know anything about artificial intelligence programs but here is a tip for finding potential programs and advisors:

Go to Google and type the following:

artificial intelligence site:.edu

By entering site:.edu Google will only list university sites referencing artificial intelligence.

I used this tactic to look for programs and advisors in my field of interest.

I hope this helps.

No idea if this is a general rule or not, but my experience in looking at university websites as an international student has been that state schools are often not able to fund international students. Soemtimes individual departments will have funding for us, but the university as a whole can't, probably to do with government funding or something. At least one school explicitly said that they were unable to fund international students, and since their policy was to fund every student who was admitted, they were extremely unlikely to admit an international student.

Edited by Ziz

engineering and computer science tend not to care about whether you're an international student. It has partially to do with there being a large international population at the undergrad level.

Regarding your chances, your numbers look good, how's the rest of your app? Research experience? rec writers? rank of your undergrad institution?

For financial aid, each school (each department sometimes) will handle things differently, the only good way to find out is to snoop around the school's website and contact their admissions office.

No question about it, Georgia Institute of Technology beats the rest of your list. You should apply to as many universities as possible. I know for the electrical engineering department at Georgia Tech this year the graduate acceptance rate was around %11, I'm not sure about the computer science department, but I assume it is similar.

Regarding your chances, your numbers look good, how's the rest of your app? Research experience? rec writers? rank of your undergrad institution?

I will be working for my HOD (who's a PhD in AI) as a research assistant from next week. I've done some projects in C++ but I doubt it'll count. I also did an internship at a company during the final semester. Do any of these count??

My recs will be from my HOD, my internship guide (from the company), and a professor from my department.

Rank of my UG university is not that great.

Will this help you suggest some universities for me?

And thank you everyone else for your information :)