SAIS EN Fall 2016

Danbrenn

Hey Guys, could give me some tips on the analytical essay? Is it similar to the policy memo of Princeton where you provide a solution or policy to address the issue as well? Or is this just discussing the issue and why it is important. Thank you.

I wrote an op-ed about a US foreign policy issue.  Gave my opinion on the issues the policy creates, brought up a couple questions that arise, then gave a basic solution.  I think the purposefully keep the directions vague to see what you come up with.

I did a comparative analysis on two countries in a specific issue--some policy recommendations, but more focus on analysis than concrete recommendations. It was pretty different from what I did for my policy memo for WWS, in which I focused more on recommendations for a very small and specific issue.

Edited by loveglove

• 2 weeks later...

Would you all mind sharing a bit more about yourself? Funding? Which concentrations did you choose?

I'm applied for the Dual degree with Tsinghua University, but filled out my application with the IDEV track in mind. Applied regular notification.

Just actually saw my funding letter as it had apparently been in my junk box for ten days now.  I'm looking at about 23k/yr, which is enough to make the school affordable for me.  I chose strategic studies as my concentration.  

19 hours ago, Danbrenn said:

Just actually saw my funding letter as it had apparently been in my junk box for ten days now.  I'm looking at about 23k/yr, which is enough to make the school affordable for me.  I chose strategic studies as my concentration.  

What was the subject of your funding letter?

On January 6, 2016 at 1:23 AM, monocle said:

Would you all mind sharing a bit more about yourself? Funding? Which concentrations did you choose?

I'm applied for the Dual degree with Tsinghua University, but filled out my application with the IDEV track in mind. Applied regular notification.

No funding news so far (that I know of). IDEV concentration.