Post Undergrad Research?

superpsyched

Hi all,

It's my first time on this forum so I'm sorry if this question has already been discussed elsewhere (if you could direct me to a different thread that would be great!) I am currently a senior in undergrad (graduating in May 2016) and I am interested in applying to Psy D programs next year. I am planning on taking a year off in between undergrad and grad to gain some more experience. I already have had a couple of good clinical experiences and I have been a research assistant in a social psych lab for the past year (will be there a year and a half total once I graduate). I have enjoyed my time  in that lab but I want to look for something new for next year as I don't feel like I've really gained so much from this lab (haven't really had any opportunities for publication, presentations, etc), it's not a topic I'm completely interested in, and of course, the prospect of possibly getting paid elsewhere is enticing. I would love to do research that is more clinically-focused. Does anyone have any suggestions of any opportunities that might be available for next year? I'm in the NYC area, by the way.

Thank you!

There was actually a thread on this exact topic a couple weeks ago, and people gave some good references you can look into. Here's the link: http://forum.thegradcafe.com/topic/71373-plan-b-clinical-psych-paid-lab-positions-if-grad-programs-dont-work-out-this-round/