Physical Sciences requirement

I was told by my counselor that a Biochemistry 241 course (Fundamentals of Biochemistry) would fulfill Asha's physical sciences requirement. However, someone recently told me that is not the case. Can anyone confirm this with me?

Biological Sciences- Biology 100 (Human Biology)

Physical Sciences- Biochemistry 241 (Fundamentals of Biochemistry)

Social/Behavioral Sciences- Sociology 100 (Survey of Sociology)

Thank you!

I could be wrong, but I think you can literally take any course that deals with either physics or chemistry. I took an intro to chemistry course to fulfill the requirement, so I'd imagine that a more advanced course like biochemistry would definitely work as well! 

To fulfill ASHA's requirement you don't even need any physics or chemistry class. I know plenty of people that just took environmental science, geology or even astronomy. They all count as a physical science class that fulfills ASHA's requirement, as does biochemistry. Certain schools do require their applicants to specifically only take physics or chemistry classes to fulfill this requirement. The majority of the schools do not though. You should definitely look into the schools you are applying to because there are a handful of schools that tell you what specific physical science class they want you to take.

This is from the ASHA website: Acceptable courses in biological sciences should emphasize a content area related to human or animal sciences (e.g., biology, human anatomy and physiology, neuroanatomy and neurophysiology, human genetics, veterinary science). Acceptable courses in physical sciences should include physics or chemistry.

That quote is from the ASHA website, but I still stick by my original statement. The quote says "should". Certain schools look at that as an actual requirement; some see it as a suggestion, but do not require those specifically. I have been told by faculty at the school that I go to about this. ASHA was vague and has not worked to remedy this. The schools that do not have specific classes to cover the requirement will also not chose one applicant over the other based off of whether, for example, someone took chemistry over environmental science.