Feminist Studies 2016

heddatron

Hey all! I've applied to Feminist Studies PhD program at the University of Minnesota. I really appreciate any information regarding the program. My application status is now "Awaiting Program Decision", and I wonder if you or someone you know has gotten any responses from the department about the admissions/decisions yet. 

Thank you!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

@heddatron I'm on the same boat as you (still says "awaiting program decision", its such an annoying process :'-( I'm not sure whether to feel better about not hearing back or if they are just taking long with rejections for UMN. Did you see the acceptance on the results page like a week ago?

I never received an "official" rejection letter from Minnesota, but when I went to the portal, I saw that I was rejected. U of W emailed me a rejection letter awhile back. Maybe check the portals if you haven't already?

Hey FMST scholars,

If I haven't heard from UCSB or UCSC's PhD programs is it pretty likely I was rejected? I suppose I could contact DGS on Monday, I'm just itching to accept offers elsewhere. 

Thanks in advance! 

On 2/19/2016 at 2:37 PM, gradkid said:

Hey FMST scholars,

If I haven't heard from UCSB or UCSC's PhD programs is it pretty likely I was rejected? I suppose I could contact DGS on Monday, I'm just itching to accept offers elsewhere. 

Thanks in advance! 

I posted this in the Gender Studies forum also, but I contacted UCSB on Friday. They said that all acceptances and wait list notifications have gone out. If we haven't heard yet, that is likely a rejection and that those letters will go out in March. However, before accepting an offer, it could be worthwhile to contact UCSB to inquire about your specific application since I don't want to give you bad advice! Good luck!