YALE MFA 2016

MovingTarget22

On 2/22/2016 at 3:07 AM, nairamushtaq said:

hello!
Congrats on the interview and i hope you get in, if you don't mind me asking what program did you apply for? I've applied as an international student for the visual arts program haven't heard anything yet getting really nervous.

best

Thank you! I applied for MFA/MA fine art programs.

On 2016. 2. 19. at 0:42 AM, Erpnope said:

JFK Airtrain to the NYC Subway to Grand Central

Metro North from Grand Central to New Haven line

there is a yale shuttle that comes every 20 minutes, but also a free new haven bus (it's green) that also comes and makes a loop to about 5 min.

Cabs from the station to YSOA are about $10 + 2 tip, i suggest just taking a cab from the train station

I've just arrived at New Haven Hotel, with your instruction. Thanks, and also to the one who first helped me.

ya'll ready!!!??  How's it going so far for people who have interviewed?  

Are any other painters not bringing 6 drawings?  I don't draw, my work is pretty materials-based. ...it makes me nervous 

2 hours ago, OHSOYEA said:

anyone bringing in more than 6 paintings?

I saw that you can only bring 6 paintings, even if you don't have 6 "other" (drawings etc.)

I keep dwelling on my interview even now, three flipping days later. So not good! But I guess i'll hear when I hear. The waiting game is so much fun... <_<

i think my interview went well. It was super casual and fun talking about design and process. I hope i get it, but then again they might like someone else more, so who knows. i really fell in love with the program/faculty/environment, it's just what i am looking for. 

1 hour ago, altiplano said:

i think my interview went well. It was super casual and fun talking about design and process. I hope i get it, but then again they might like someone else more, so who knows. i really fell in love with the program/faculty/environment, it's just what i am looking for. 

Hey! What kind of questions did they ask? Glad it went well!

Hello Everyone! So the interviews are complete now, right? Does anyone know the stats? How many applied? How many were offered interviews? How many will be accepted? (I'm thinking about painting) 

I had an interview that I feel went fairly well. But I'm dying of anticipation!!! 

Edited by MangoMango

Ugh...time to vent...

I really think I blew it with Yale. I had a lot of fun during the interview and felt exhilarated, scared, grateful...but looking back I could see that I might have misunderstood the point of the whole thing. I'm coming from academia and have a lot of research interests that inform my work, and now that the interview is done I can see that they were trying to understand who I was more than the concepts I was working with, and I just kept talking about theory and research rather than process. It got to the point where Shelia and Julian basically told me that I talk too much and I STILL kept rattling on, because that's the only way I've ever related to my work.

So, I'm pretty sure I didn't show them the best me. Kind of kicking myself.

On 6 March 2016 at 9:37 PM, MangoMango said:

Hello Everyone! So the interviews are complete now, right? Does anyone know the stats? How many applied? How many were offered interviews? How many will be accepted? (I'm thinking about painting) 

I had an interview that I feel went fairly well. But I'm dying of anticipation!!! 

I haven't been contacted at all yet. Not even for an interview.  Applied for MFA photography. Should I assume a rejection? 

1 minute ago, Ms000 said:

Will they notify? Or should I be sad already?

I'm not entirely sure, but everyone was finding out about interviews back at the beginning of February.  If you got an interview it would have been posted as an update on your application page.   

Is anyone else struggling to manage this anticipation?? Its so stressful!! In the original status update that announced our interview, they mentioned that the decision would be "announced on March 12." Does anyone, perhaps from last year, know what this means? Online profile update? Email? Phone Call?