Some questions regarding 'How your background will bring a unique perspective to the diverse program' last minute advices needed Thanks!

Hi All, 

I've been working on the reflective essay for U of Michigan MPH degree (management and policy), and plan to submit it by the end of this week. Although tried few drafts since Dec, the more I change in the essay, the more I feel less confident about my 'uniqueness' ... I was hoping that if someone could give me some last minute advices on this, please? 

The essay requires us to describe how would our academic background and experiences will help to contribute to UM's diverse environment and program. 

I mentioned in the essay about my undergraduate degree in Australia, studying and living outside my residency country for 4 years enabled me to adapt to new environment and culture quickly...  Holding non-public health degree (international relations) also help me to look at healthcare issues from different perspectives... 

and I've been working in a U.S. medical technology company in Shanghai for 1.5 years...now doing an internship as research assistant in the Shanghai CDC, so I'm familiar with the Chinese medical system as well... 

But I'm worried that these experiences don't necessarily make me a unique student... after looking at UM's admin statistics, most students applying this program has experiences in healthcare industry, and many of them come from non-public health degrees, politics or law backgrounds. How could I made myself stand out? or... how exactly would I contribute to the community? Should I mention I was part of student association and managed many medical symposiums in my previous company, so I can contribute to the associations in UM? (or these are normal things as well?) 

I'm very confused now... Please help ~~ 

Thanks in advance!!

• 2 weeks later...
On 2016/1/26 at 4:07 AM, Crucial BBQ said:

Well, it's past your deadline but I do hope you went with what you posted here as it is "great stuff" as some might say.  

Hahah Thank you :)