Berkeley Journalism Interview?

janicel

Hi everyone, I'm applying for Berkeley Journalism Program. I have done my writing test on Dec 6, and in one email for test takers, it said "Interviews will be set up from mid-December through early February. We will contact you by email individually so that you and your interviewer can determine a convenient time for both of you.

I didn't do really well in writing test, and haven't heard from school till now. I called the office this morning, and they said only selected applicants would be interviewed. PS, I found in Berkeley website that "After the interview is completed, a timed writing test will be administered."

So here's the thing: it seems that interviews should be ahead of the writing test, but I took the test first somehow. What's the chance for me to get an interview or an admission anyway?

Is this an implied rejection? Really need advice from an outsider's point now! 

Edited by janicel

It doesn't make any sense that you had the written test first - I had my in person interview for Berkeley's journalism school the beginning of December, and first we talked for about an hour, and then he gave me the log in and password to the written test.

Before the interview, I received an email from Berkeley saying I've been selected for an interview with instructions on how to contact my interviewer. Are you positive you were selected for an interview? Perhaps it's because there were no interviewers in your region.

Good luck! 

• 1 year later...
On 1/18/2016 at 3:53 PM, aulacrimosa said:

It doesn't make any sense that you had the written test first - I had my in person interview for Berkeley's journalism school the beginning of December, and first we talked for about an hour, and then he gave me the log in and password to the written test.

Before the interview, I received an email from Berkeley saying I've been selected for an interview with instructions on how to contact my interviewer. Are you positive you were selected for an interview? Perhaps it's because there were no interviewers in your region.

Good luck! 

what was your interview like? is there a way to prepare oneself?