Fordham - Fall 2016

Opt4theBest

2 hours ago, Opt4theBest said:

Thank you tudor! Did you send an email to the general admissions email or any specific one? X

Hi! Looking through my email, it looks like I sent the message to general admissions (gssadmission@fordham.edu)

Still waiting on a response from Fordham :unsure:  I submitted my application on Feb 1, but didn't get an email saying my application was complete until Feb 19.  Online it said everything was submitted and complete, but I emailed admissions on 2/19 just to be sure, and then right after I emailed them was when I got the automated email saying my app was complete.  Weird, and kind of annoying that I have to wait longer now, but I guess these things happen.

2 hours ago, Jewelz423 said:

Still waiting on a response from Fordham :unsure:  I submitted my application on Feb 1, but didn't get an email saying my application was complete until Feb 19.  Online it said everything was submitted and complete, but I emailed admissions on 2/19 just to be sure, and then right after I emailed them was when I got the automated email saying my app was complete.  Weird, and kind of annoying that I have to wait longer now, but I guess these things happen.

I recommend you email Stephen McGowan at stmcgowan@fordham.edu He is willing to answer any question. He was an MSW at Fordham and now working in the Admissions. I communicate with him regularly and he is very helpful and friendly.

Hi everyone! I've been stalking this thread (any many others) for a while but haven't joined in until now. I applied to Fordham 2/1, my application didn't become "complete" until 2/17, and I, too, am waiting in agony! Would those accepted mind sharing their stats? 

I contacted the admissions office about when to expect a decision but got the generic "4 to 6 weeks from the time your application was completed." Has anyone heard anything more specific?

1 hour ago, Tnc said:

Hi everyone! I've been stalking this thread (any many others) for a while but haven't joined in until now. I applied to Fordham 2/1, my application didn't become "complete" until 2/17, and I, too, am waiting in agony! Would those accepted mind sharing their stats? 

I contacted the admissions office about when to expect a decision but got the generic "4 to 6 weeks from the time your application was completed." Has anyone heard anything more specific?

I'd email Stephen McGowan at stmcgowan@fordham.edu He is the Admissions Associate and willing to answer any question. 

On 3/3/2016 at 3:59 PM, tudor3x8 said:

Hi! Looking through my email, it looks like I sent the message to general admissions (gssadmission@fordham.edu)

They has extended my deadline to accept their offer/scholarship from march 16 to April 1 instead. Thanks again tudor

On 3/4/2016 at 2:18 PM, Opt4theBest said:

I recommend you email Stephen McGowan at stmcgowan@fordham.edu He is willing to answer any question. He was an MSW at Fordham and now working in the Admissions. I communicate with him regularly and he is very helpful and friendly.

Hey, Opt... Thanks for the advice.  I met Stephen a couple of times and agree - he is very helpful!  It's been a couple of weeks since they told me 4-6 weeks, so I will just give it a little more time before I contact them.  Plus, at this point Fordham is my last choice of the 4 schools I applied to, so I'm not overly anxious to hear back from them.  I just thought it was weird that even though I submitted my application on 2/1 and it was 100% complete, somehow it didn't register in their system.  If I hadn't emailed them I don't if my application would even be under review right now.

Good luck to everyone who is still waiting!!  Hoping for the best...

53 minutes ago, Jewelz423 said:

Hey, Opt... Thanks for the advice.  I met Stephen a couple of times and agree - he is very helpful!  It's been a couple of weeks since they told me 4-6 weeks, so I will just give it a little more time before I contact them.  Plus, at this point Fordham is my last choice of the 4 schools I applied to, so I'm not overly anxious to hear back from them.  I just thought it was weird that even though I submitted my application on 2/1 and it was 100% complete, somehow it didn't register in their system.  If I hadn't emailed them I don't if my application would even be under review right now.

Good luck to everyone who is still waiting!!  Hoping for the best...

Jewelz, I hear you. However, I would still suggest that you contact Fordham and let them know that you have been accepted to the other two schools and you need to make the decision as to which direction you should be headed. I am sure they will understand and will try to expedite to release the decision for you. At the end of the day, we all need to know that our application fee ($75?) was well spent.

20 hours ago, Opt4theBest said:

Jewelz, I hear you. However, I would still suggest that you contact Fordham and let them know that you have been accepted to the other two schools and you need to make the decision as to which direction you should be headed. I am sure they will understand and will try to expedite to release the decision for you. At the end of the day, we all need to know that our application fee ($75?) was well spent.

True... good point.  I'll probably email them at the end of the week.  Thanks!

Although I pretty much have my mind set...I am still waiting on Fordham to reach a decision. I don't know why but Fordham seems to be the most cumbersome for me. I also submitted all my documents on the deadline date and they sent me the "application complete" email 2-3 weeks later. I remembered sending an email in early February to confirm that they had received the documents and they emailed me back about 6 days after my email.