University of Nevada - Reno - Online Application Status Error

CornUltimatum

Hello all,

I was wondering if anyone else is having a similar issue with University of Nevada at Reno's online admission system. I submitted my application for geology a while ago, and got an email confirmation for it. According to the email the status of the application can be viewed online. However, whenever I login to that portal the application I sent in is "inactive." Its record is there though but it's missing a lot of info in its title. 

I called in, and everything is still there, active, and supposedly good to go. They have received all of my application materials. However I wasn't given an explanation as to why the online portal seemed to be broken. Is anyone else's online application status like this? 

I only am concerned because I note in general many people seem to find out if they are accepted or rejected from a program in a timely manner by checking their online status. When I was applying to undergrad, this was the case as well. Also should I be concerned at all? Could this glitch potentially effect anything? I know they have to shift through a lot of applications.

Here's a screenshot.  image.thumb.jpg.3c44e95706f02faf75e7c9ea

Thank you all in advance!

Edited by CornUltimatum
Misspelling

Ick, sorry for the super specific post everyone. Anyways I thought I would clarify that anyone who has also applied to University of Nevada at Reno is who I'm looking for to confirm with me. Doesn't have to be the same degree or anything! That's why I thought this would do better on a more general forum. 

Thanks again. 

I actually also applied to UNR, and for geology as well! First off, that screen shot doesn't really look familiar to me: I go to my.nevada.unr.edu and then I log in with the NSHE ID sent to me after I submitted my app, and the password I created. One time I ended up on the application site, but usually I'm taken to the dashboard (screen shot attached), from where I can then see my application status.

If it makes you feel better, when I access the admissions portal from unr.edu/grad/admissions, it shows that I don't have any applications at all, but the MyNevada > My Application > Application Status page shows that it's under review by the dept.

Results survey would suggest that, if interviews happen, people hear in early Feb, with decisions usually coming in end Feb to early/mid March, and usually via email. So I'd guess it's a quirk of the software, but not indicative of a larger problem. (Or, I could just be trying to convince myself ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ haha) Anyway, I'd say have faith. If you hear nothing in a month, that might be a good time to start asking...? My $0.02, hope it helps!

unr.jpg

5 hours ago, gelologist said:

I actually also applied to UNR, and for geology as well! First off, that screen shot doesn't really look familiar to me: I go to my.nevada.unr.edu and then I log in with the NSHE ID sent to me after I submitted my app, and the password I created. One time I ended up on the application site, but usually I'm taken to the dashboard (screen shot attached), from where I can then see my application status.

If it makes you feel better, when I access the admissions portal from unr.edu/grad/admissions, it shows that I don't have any applications at all, but the MyNevada > My Application > Application Status page shows that it's under review by the dept.

Results survey would suggest that, if interviews happen, people hear in early Feb, with decisions usually coming in end Feb to early/mid March, and usually via email. So I'd guess it's a quirk of the software, but not indicative of a larger problem. (Or, I could just be trying to convince myself ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ haha) Anyway, I'd say have faith. If you hear nothing in a month, that might be a good time to start asking...? My $0.02, hope it helps!

unr.jpg

I owe you a big fat thanks, I don't know what was up with my login but it was nothing like this. I did the account thing again and it worked that time around - so now I have two odd accounts and I don't really now what to make of it. At least now I can see the application! I'll have to drop them an email to check on that.

Best of luck to you! Maybe we'll be seeing each other. :) 

Hey @CornUltimatum you've very welcome. Glad to hear it worked out for you, finding the app status page. I admit (again) their site is weird. But I got an automatic email confirming my submission so at least I know the right email address is on file; I figure I'll just wait till something pops up there! Yeah, maybe see you in Reno; would be fun to know the incoming cohort from TGC beforehand :)