Halp...what does this response mean

Timemachines

I was in touch with a professor concerning funding for prospectice clinical PhD students and they ended their response with the following: "you will probably be receiving an invitation to come for an interview" (I was in touch with this faculty member back in October to express interest in their research before applications were due). 

I'm overly analytical and this will probably keep me up at night for the next several weeks...what does this response mean? 

All snark aside, it means that you will probably get an interview.  That is, you have a higher probability of getting an interview now than you did at the start of the process, but are not guaranteed one.  

PIs have a lot of say in who gets interviewed/admitted, but they usually can't bypass the admissions committee/graduate school.  Best case scenario, your POI says "I want this one", the admissions committee/graduate school checks to ensure that you meet minimum requirements and you are invited to interview.   

3 minutes ago, SAH said:

All snark aside, it means that you will probably get an interview.  That is, you have a higher probability of getting an interview now than you did at the start of the process, but are not guaranteed one.  

PIs have a lot of say in who gets interviewed/admitted, but they usually can't bypass the admissions committee/graduate school.  Best case scenario, your POI says "I want this one", the admissions committee/graduate school checks to ensure that you meet minimum requirements and you are invited to interview.   

Thank you to the other folks that responded. Very fair advice @SAH - thanks for insightful feedback.