2016 Acceptance Thread

panpsychist

3 minutes ago, GPAisgrad? said:

What does "GPA is grad" mean? Like, "my GPA is of graduate level caliber" or what? 

Yes, I made an account to ask this question. 

In the stats section it asks you to list your undergrad gpa. However, many of us have gone to master's programs, so people will say "gpa is grad" in the notes section to indicate that, when you hover over the red diamond and stats appear, the gpa is referring to their MA program gpa and not their undergraduate gpa.

Edited by philosophe

Just now, GPAisgrad? said:

What does "GPA is grad" mean? Like, "my GPA is of graduate level caliber" or what? 

Yes, I made an account to ask this question. 

The results system only gives you the option to enter your undergraduate GPA. So those applicants who have an MA often put in their graduate school GPA and make the distinction that the GPA listed in their stats is their grad and not undergrad GPA.

1 minute ago, MentalEngineer said:

You're running out of available weekends to visit programs!

I saw that your signature says you're presuming a rejection from WUSTL PNP. As far as I know, the PNP accepts/rejects tend to come out later than the general admits, which just now came out. I don't think you should presume a rejection just yet!

7 minutes ago, lisamadura said:

Seriously. It pains me, but I might have to cut the cord on a couple--including Oregon :( 

Ever been to Eugene? Insanely gorgeous. 

2 minutes ago, dgswaim said:

Ever been to Eugene? Insanely gorgeous. 

No but I've heard nothing but amazing things. And I've been in touch with a UO Grad student who made the program out to seem like an absolute dream. Also, Colin Koopman is there and he's rad. But Vanderbilt! and Emory! and Penn State! Can't I go to all of them? (I realize i'm probably not making many friends by complaining about having to choose between my favorite programs :unsure:)

Just now, lisamadura said:

No but I've heard nothing but amazing things. And I've been in touch with a UO Grad student who made the program out to seem like an absolute dream. Also, Colin Koopman is there and he's rad. But Vanderbilt! and Emory! and Penn State! Can't I go to all of them? (I realize i'm probably not making many friends by complaining about having to choose between my favorite programs :unsure:)

no... you aren't.....

Just now, lisamadura said:

I admit I am very very jealous. I would have loved to apply to Oregon--my interests and writing sample are very much in line with Mark Johnson's work--but that is the one program my wife put her foot down on. I can't blame her, as gorgeous as Eugene is there isn't much economic opportunity there outside of the university. Although she works in higher ed admin, she knows a few people who have worked there and said that jobs at the university are hard to come by and don't pay well (even accounting for the lower cost of living in Eugene).