Are internationals considered separately for grad admissions?

KroNoS

In general, does the admissions committee consider international and resident students separately?
I have been seeing lots of results from american students on the survey page for the past few days. It's driving me crazy not to get an email from universities. Should I just presume that I have been rejected or is there still hope?
I know it's been only 2-3 days since results started popping up but till now I just have one wait-list and no replies from any other university. It might even be I'm just being paranoid but it will be soothing if someone confirms that internationals are considered separately and probably get their mails at a later stage.  

Sometimes this might happen, yes. Specifically, schools that can fund more domestic students than international students might have to consider those two groups separately. This happens mostly with public schools, since tuition should be the same for everyone at private schools. Of course, considering the groups separately doesn't have to lead to different notification times, but it might. It's also entirely possible that more domestic students than international students use this website, and that's the source of the skewed distribution of results that you're seeing. We can't really help you there. I think you will just have to wait, or at some point you might want to contact the departments in question and ask about your status. Good luck! 

Thank you for the reply!!

It's too soon to write to the departments. I considered the possibility of internationals not updating their results or even the public and private university issue. Just wanted to hear it from someone else I guess.

Waiting for something important sucks. It makes you do things which you wouldn't have done normally. I'm usually a very patient person. Even one acceptance guaranteeing grad school would ease the nerves I suppose.