Has my interview invite been rescinded?!?

Moemoemoe

I was invited to an interview by my POI. In response to her email I told her I was very interested in the program (which I am), and asked if there were any alternate dates, as I have already committed to another interview at the same time. POI responded saying she would have to see.

Cue many days later, no response. I send another email asking for updates and again stressing that I am very interested in working with her.

Now it has been a week and 1 day, still no response. 

What should I do in this situation? I don't want to seem pushy/desperate, but also want to know if I am still invited. Does her silence mean that I am not longer invited? Anyone been in a similar situation, or at least can offer me some consoling words? 

It's possible that she's just working out the logistics with the rest of the department about arranging for an alternate date. But in the absolute worst case scenario (i.e. they're not willing to accommodate you), I would take that as a sign that the program/this adviser probably wouldn't be great to work with anyway. Faculty at solid programs know that the people they're inviting are strong applicants who will have other interview offers, and they should want their applicants to be able to maximize their interview opportunities to find the best possible fit. Asking for an alternate day because of a prior commitment is a completely reasonable request and reasonable faculty/programs who are committed to getting to know their candidates should be willing to accommodate you. I think it's really that simple and straightforward. Wishing you the best with this!!

I would also say that they're probably trying to workout another date for you. If possible, I would contact a program coordinator/admin contact because sometimes they are the people who are more on top of these things rather than professors. Obviously, I would word it in a way that doesn't sound pushy and doesn't make it seem like you are trying to go around the professor but rather contact someone who would be more appropriate for these types of questions. Maybe cc the admin contact in a follow up email to professor?