Found typos in my resume, should I tell the grad office or better to play it cool?

Pegah

Question

Okay, I have made a mistake in my resume, I have copied and pasted some lines about 2014 competitions and 2015, and I forgot to change one of the places in one of the competitions ( it says 1st in my resume while we won 2nd that year). Should I tell the schools or should I play it cool? mostly that I have been offered some interviews and I don't want to sound like I am lying about the reason that this happened, I also don't want it to be discovered later.  I am so stressed right now.

2 answers to this question

On 2/2/2016 at 5:09 PM, Pegah said:

Okay, I have made a mistake in my resume, I have copied and pasted some lines about 2014 competitions and 2015, and I forgot to change one of the places in one of the competitions ( it says 1st in my resume while we won 2nd that year). Should I tell the schools or should I play it cool? mostly that I have been offered some interviews and I don't want to sound like I am lying about the reason that this happened, I also don't want it to be discovered later.  I am so stressed right now.

You should email your new resumes to the admission office (ask them to replace the uploaded file with this one) just in case.

No need to fret if the competitions were not international (or big national level).

If it comes up in an interview then you should correct them (and tell them that you mailed the new cv).