Will this be a costly mistake?

Byesociallife

Hi all,

I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this, but I was hoping to get some insight regarding a matter that's been eating at me for days.

Long sorry short- I applied to a graduate program at my dream school in late December and have already been notified that my application is in the process of being reviewed.

After applying to some safety schools late last week, I realized that I made a mistake on my dream school app and miscalculated my self-reported GPA to be a 3.5, when my latest calculations have me at a 3.46. 

Throughout the waiting process I have definitely been "that" applicant by calling in for clarification and assurance on many occasions. I keep telling myself that they will not see this as me trying to be deceitful since everyone knows that they receive our official transcripts. Is this worth another call to them even though it's already in the review process? Did I mess up by not triple checking? Please help!

It's only off by .04 points? I'm not sure if that's enough to fret over. I'm only assuming, but I'd question them dismissing your application entirely over it.

I can't say definitively what you should do, but I'd consider telling them in a polite email. I know that has to be a common mistake. I had to calculate my own GPA as well, and I know it's not exactly a trivial process. It's somewhat annoying to do.

6 minutes ago, Byesociallife said:

@Neist Yes, it's only off by .04 points.

I also didn't think much of it at first, but the waiting game is flooding my brain with all kinds of pessimistic scenarios. 

I had to calculate it myself using unofficial transcripts from 5 different schools. It was definitely a pain.

I wouldn't worry too much. :)

And I'm in a similar situation. I have 4 transcripts to bother with. I'm very jealous of those who have only attended one university. Ugh.

1 hour ago, emmm said:

If you report it to only one decimal place, your number is correct. It's trivial and not worth worrying about.

Agreeing. You reported your GPA accurately, to one decimal point.

Edited by kseeful