Oxford University 2016 Entry MPP Applicants?

xoxo_AB

Congratulations to all who got in! Good luck to those who haven't. I received my acceptance letter too. No specific word on funding- except that there are public service scholarships that I can apply for. Any of you guys get specific financial aid offers? Does anyone how this works? Look forward to seeing you awesome people soon!

To those who didn't get an offer, please know that I received this offer after many attempts. Also, after having dealt a lot of rejections in the past, I know for SURE that everything happens for a reason- and something new, something better ALWAYS comes out. This is my firm belief. Good luck to everyone!

I was not offered a place - pretty gutted by the news. Congrats and good luck to all those who were accepted!

Edited by Labreche

I too got accepted, but nothing on funding yet. The entire thing is dependent on the funding I get. I hope we all hear back soon. 

Congrats to everyone who got accepted. Hope to see you all in Oxford. 

Hi all,

Congratulations to everybody who got through. It is a big achievement indeed. I am planning to apply in the upcoming cycle, could anybody please guide me regarding the type of candidates Oxford is looking for. I have gone through the BSG website and understand that the University assesses candidates on the three criteria i.e Leadership potential, academic excellence etc. But I would be interested in knowing if GRE scores matter? even though it is not a requirement for BSG. Especially considering that I have relatively less work experience (3 years) of working with the central bank in development finance. I would also be obliged if anyone could please share their policy essay and profile for guidance.

Looking forward for your guidance.

Thanks and regards.

Edited by Soft Dollar

On 20 March 2016 at 10:40 PM, DodoBirdBlergh said:

@rocky222, I don't think that's the case. Did you get through?

On a related note, did anyone else get nominated for a scholarship...? Which one is it?

Did you get nominated for a scholarship Dod BordBlergh? My acceptance letter set out a few scholarships I could apply to. Waiting to hear about the other scholarships I had already applied to at Oxford - the Weidefeld. 

Congratulations to all that made it. Look forward to meeting you guys, hopefully, if all goes well. To those who didn't make it- its only the time that wasn't right. Something better is in store or this at a later point in time. it is disappointing, but often an opportunity even though one may not realise it at the time. its a pity we won't meet at Oxford, but its quite likely our paths will otherwise cross and I look forward to that. 

O wow, thats great, congrats. Did you apply for scholarships along with your application? Perhaps it was one of those? Alternatively, the application seems to indicate that you will automatically be considered for some scholarships- perhaps this may be that. You could consider asking the admissions team.