CUNY torture (comp. lit)

So interviews have been posted, and now there is a rejection on the board. And I have heard NOTHING!!!

This is torture. What makes it worse is that I just logged into my application and it showed that my official Toefl score has not been received yet. That's impossible, I have sent it in November ...Any CUNY applicants out there to help? I am going insane. Should I call? 

Also just checked my Irvine app, still showed "under review."  Noooo, u've sent out acceptances already! 

Just try to be patient, calm, and wait it out. There are a lot of other possible explanations for not hearing back from them yet, and the outcome can still be an acceptance.

You might consider calling them about the Toefl scores. Sometimes schools are just lazy with changing it from not received to received.

It sounds like you were very meticulous about the scores though, so I doubt it's something on your end.

Maybe read your favorite book.

6 hours ago, mikeck said:

Just try to be patient, calm, and wait it out. There are a lot of other possible explanations for not hearing back from them yet, and the outcome can still be an acceptance.

Thank you for replying! I am kind of in panic mode. I think I might write the admin an email to make sure about my T score being received. Other than that, I will just wait. Yep, trying to read Melville and not checking my emails every 5 min. 

If it's any comfort, they haven't received my TOEFL score either but when I emailed and asked they said not to worry about it, it's not like "oh she doesn't have TOEFL score REJECT". It's such a tiny part of the applicant, there for bureaucracy more than anything!

5 minutes ago, HelloThisIsDog said:

If it's any comfort, they haven't received my TOEFL score either but when I emailed and asked they said not to worry about it, it's not like "oh she doesn't have TOEFL score REJECT". It's such a tiny part of the applicant, there for bureaucracy more than anything!

Hug! Thank u! I don't even want to email them anymore. I am such an uncool person lol. As we say it here in the west coast, chill man! I need to chill. 

Hi there,

I am new to this forum, and I am also waiting for a response from CUNY. As a Fulbright candidate, they don't allow me to contact universities or check the status of my applications. I have no way of knowing what's going on and I am really struggling with the urge to contact them.

I already got a rejection from Emory last week. I am starting to think they will reject my application at CUNY as well. Although I applied to other programs, I am now starting to think that I might lose my scholarship if I don't get accepted. I know the only thing we can do is wait but please do let me know if you get any news.

Sorry for this useless post, but impatience is killing me!

I'm waiting to hear from Emory but don't feel too positive about it.

I had been told that the people who get emails for interviews are most likely the ones who are shortlisted at CUNY. Quite a few are henceforth waitlisted too and this procedure goes on till March. However, I think it may work slightly differently for Fulbright candidates (as it generally does) so just wait it out 3zs. Goodluck!

On 2/10/2016 at 2:59 PM, 3zs said:

Hi there,

I am new to this forum, and I am also waiting for a response from CUNY. As a Fulbright candidate, they don't allow me to contact universities or check the status of my applications. I have no way of knowing what's going on and I am really struggling with the urge to contact them.

I already got a rejection from Emory last week. I am starting to think they will reject my application at CUNY as well. Although I applied to other programs, I am now starting to think that I might lose my scholarship if I don't get accepted. I know the only thing we can do is wait but please do let me know if you get any news.

Sorry for this useless post, but impatience is killing me!

Hey, do you mind sharing how you were able to hear from Emory?

Hi! The Fulbright Commission informed me about a week or two ago (posted in the results board). Maybe you are waitlisted, I would contact them to make sure. I did to get some feedback on my application and their reply was very warm and personalized. Good luck! 

Congrats on your oregon admission btw :)

On February 18, 2016 at 1:14 AM, 3zs said:

This week I learnt that CUNY has not made a final decision on all applications so there still might be hope!

Thank you for sharing! There is another rejection out there. Do they do EVERYTHING in waves?

On 2/15/2016 at 1:55 AM, 3zs said:

Hi! The Fulbright Commission informed me about a week or two ago (posted in the results board). Maybe you are waitlisted, I would contact them to make sure. I did to get some feedback on my application and their reply was very warm and personalized. Good luck! 

Congrats on your oregon admission btw :)

Oh okay. I don't know, Emory hasn't gotten in touch still. Who did you write to, or was the warm personalized email from Fulbright?

And thanks for the wish. I'm also visiting Oregon, happy about it. Goodluck to you! :)

4 hours ago, 3zs said:

Hi @KhiCompLit. I first received a notification from Fulbright and then e-mailed Emory to get some feedback on things to improve in the future. I wrote to the general e-mail address and received a reply from Professor Walter Reed. 

Thanks 3zs . Hopefully they'll get back to me soon. 

Have you heard from all your universities? (I'm sorry, I tried to quote your name and the bold thing wouldn't go).

18 hours ago, 3zs said:

Not at all @KhiCompLit. Just from Emory. I also applied to U. Oregon, but I have not been contacted yet. 

Ohh right. I suppose they get get in touch with all applicants around Feb end as the trends from previous years show. Wish you all the best = )

8 minutes ago, KhiCompLit said:

I'm sorry to hear that. *hug* You've got Oregon still right?

I received my Oregon rejection on Friday. still waiting to hear back about the CUNY waitlist.

4 minutes ago, getoutofmyhouse said:

I received my Oregon rejection on Friday. still waiting to hear back about the CUNY waitlist.

Goodluck to you for CUNY =). I kinda really wanted to go there and got rejected....sigh.