One night, 3 hour GRE prep class by Kaplan

LateAntique

My university is holding a 3 hour prep class tomorrow night (6-9pm) given by Kaplan. It's only 10 bucks (I certainly couldn't afford the 1k price of their big course) so I could totally afford it. My question is: has anyone attended something similar? Did you gain anything from it?

My university is holding a 3 hour prep class tomorrow night (6-9pm) given by Kaplan. It's only 10 bucks (I certainly couldn't afford the 1k price of their big course) so I could totally afford it. My question is: has anyone attended something similar? Did you gain anything from it?

I think that they use them as a recruitment tool to get you to sign up for the real thing.

I'm here and I realize I did this same thing for free last year. They give you a sample test that lasts about 1.5 hours and then they have a Q&A. The only thing different this year is that I can log on at 10pm to watch a sample Kaplan class. I can't believe I paid 10 bucks to have someone pitch a $1,000 class to me. :angry:

I'm here and I realize I did this same thing for free last year. They give you a sample test that lasts about 1.5 hours and then they have a Q&A. The only thing different this year is that I can log on at 10pm to watch a sample Kaplan class. I can't believe I paid 10 bucks to have someone pitch a $1,000 class to me. :angry:

Just took the practice Quant section and actually ran out of time. I've been learning all these new math tricks and I guess I was spending too much time on them. I've never run out of time for a test ever. I'll make sure to take one more practice test between today and next Wednesday to make sure I keep up with timing.

I remember taking the sample test from Kaplan (free of course, not sure why they're charging people now). I accidentally bubbled in the answer on the wrong line. Ex. I bubbled in the answer in line 10 when it was for question 9 (line 9).

Edited by joro

I got my scores back today from last night's practice test. I had left about the last 10 quant questions blank, so I knew I didn't do very well on that section (nor was I terribly concerned, my math section is good enough for the programs I want to get into) but......I did almost 100 points better on the verbal section than I did a week and a half ago when I took the GRE for real. If I can score that score when I take the exam next week, I'll be home free.