U Washington Evans School Acceptances

goforthegold

so it seems that they have not sent out admissions for about a week now according to the results search...maybe today they will send out a few??? good luck to everyone still waiting! I'm trying to stay positive but it is hard each day that goes by and no word. But I haven't seen one reject yet so I wonder if they are sending those out at the end of the cycle maybe? I attended the online webinar session for the public finance and budgeting specialization info session last night and someone asked Barry (the dean of admissions) when all the results would be out and he said that they still had over 200 applications to review and that all decisions will be send out by mid march..not sure if that means if your application has been reviewed if you are not getting in or what??? But still a long way to go for them.

Accepted with 46k in funding about two weeks ago. Really impressed with the program, but I want to hear back from American University and IUB SPEA first. If IUB can match them in terms of tuition price, I think I'd be inclined to go there instead. American is in the mix somewhere; haven't decided yet.

Edited by aslabchu

Any prospective or current student offered no funding at all and is out of state?

What are your thoughts on going to Evans in that case? Is it worth it, or not? How have you, or plan to, help pay for what comes out to around 100K total over two years?

@goforthegold, I am out of state and no funding was mentioned in my acceptance letter. It is quite expensive, almost as costly as Ivy League schools that I applied too. It is important to note that because it is such a large program and school, they frequently talk of the available research positions and funding opportunities. I think it would be a bit naive though to bank on one of those pits considering the cost though. I will have to wait until I hear back from all of the schools that I applied for....

Just got an acceptance email from Evans! I was awarded a fellowship as well. 

Could be another round of acceptances going out today and tomorrow, so keep an eye out.

2 hours ago, RCtheSS said:

Just got an acceptance email from Evans! I was awarded a fellowship as well. 

Could be another round of acceptances going out today and tomorrow, so keep an eye out.

WOW CONGRATS!!!! so happy for you! you have been accepted to a lot of great schools! any idea which one you will pick??? I haven't heard anything back....I'm preparing myself for the rejection email :( haha. Just might not be my year. Congrats to all the newly accepted!

@RCtheSS i hope it all goes well!

Is anyone else still waiting to hear back??? I saw a few rejections on the search list.....getting really really anxious now. I would just really like to know what the decision is. good luck to anyone still waiting! i feel your pain!

@RCtheSS well....you were right to hold on to hope.....i just got a call from the director of admissions....I GOT ACCEPTED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am literally in shock right now. I played it super risky and only applied to this school. It's truly the only one i wanted to go to. I can't believe this right now. I am so excited. Congrats to all those newly accepted and for those still waiting, never give up hope! Still plenty of time left to hear good news back! Can't wait to get to know all those who will be going there in the fall as well :):) best day ever!