ucsd education phd

refreshingmyemail

• 2 weeks later...
26 minutes ago, refreshingmyemail said:

I called the graduate advisor at the beginning of February  she said they wouldn't get together to discuss until mid feb buys almost March :/

But I saw someone on the results board posting that they had been interviewed and accepted already... 

Hmm hearing different things about UCSD, I know it's their first years so maybe way its somewhat unclear. It's interesting though when I talked to faculty there back in December they are saying they wanted their decisiosn out before most other programs, especially other UCs since they are new and want to secure their people early. Seems that didn't work out.

• 2 weeks later...

I know! I suspect they have already noticed people unofficially but are still trying to get their funding together (rumors I've heard from folks in other departments). That is  just based on rumors and speculation around campus, I haven't gone over to the ed department to check. This makes sense though as I can't imagine that they would wait until after the other major programs have already notified people. I already have a good offer from UCLA so that's where I am going. But it would've been nice to hear back from UCSD.

I'd assume that if I haven't heard at this point,  it's them being slow with rejections.  Even if they are scrambling,  I'd think they'd have it together enough to do acceptance and wait list emails.  So, logic tells me not to hold out any hope.  (but I can't help it) 

7 hours ago, ugggggh said:

FYI, I called the department today (couldn't help it) and they said it would be another 2 - 3 weeks before any more acceptances or rejections went out.  

Really? I kind of wonder if there are really going to be any more acceptances, I mean as the new kids on the block would they think that many of their top picks would be waiting on them? Three weeks is awful close to April 15th. I hope this means good news for some people.

Edited by mbfox125

19 hours ago, mbfox125 said:

Really? I kind of wonder if there are really going to be any more acceptances, I mean as the new kids on the block would they think that many of their top picks would be waiting on them? Three weeks is awful close to April 15th. I hope this means good news for some people.

Agreed.  I can't imagine that they'd be handing more out, but maybe their disorganization will favor those of us who have had very bad results with other schools. :) 

• 2 weeks later...

Not personally but someone who I talked to at UCLA's open house said that he has already received an offer of admission and visited the school, but they didn't seem to have a formal open house. I have no idea what that means for those of us who haven't heard anything, but I suspect they are trying to lock down who of their top choices are coming, and then maybe offer more admissions if they have the space/funding. 

9 hours ago, mbfox125 said:

Not personally but someone who I talked to at UCLA's open house said that he has already received an offer of admission and visited the school, but they didn't seem to have a formal open house. I have no idea what that means for those of us who haven't heard anything, but I suspect they are trying to lock down who of their top choices are coming, and then maybe offer more admissions if they have the space/funding. 

Thank you for giving me this info!  I'm losing hope as the days go by..i wish they would just reject anyone who isn't waitlisted or an alternate  :/

• 2 weeks later...