Columbia vs. UChicago

The Nerd

I apologize if this seems like an annoying question; I know they are both great programs and I am grateful to have the option of going to either. I know neither is a "bad choice" but I still am uncertain how to choose. :wacko:

I need to make a decision by March 4th and I am between these two schools. I really love both programs and am having a hard time choosing. Does anyone have any advice/opinions on these two programs? I have visited Columbia and am visiting UChicago this week, I am hoping that will help me decide but I am nervous that it will only make me like them both and not know how to choose!

So far, I like Columbia because I like their AGPP and Clinical programs (not sure which I would choose), their option of the dual law degree (but I still need to apply/take the LSAT), and their Contemporary Social Issues option (I want to study Intimate Partner Violence.) I like Chicago because they have a Violence Prevention Program and they are considered more academically rigorous.

I've heard Chicago is more attentive to their students but I am sad they don't have a law option and can't guarantee admission to the Violence Prevention Program until your second year. Most of my family lives in NY and I'd like to be near them, but personally I prefer Chicago, but I don't want to choose a program based on location since I should choose based on its program.

Help! Anyone going through this? Or anyone who attends one of these schools that can provide some insight? Please and thank you!

Edited by The Nerd

If I were you, I would choose Columbia University. They both have programs that you like,right? 

The factor of location sometimes plays a vital role! New York is a better place because of its diversity and various international organizations.

Last, I have been to information session of Columbia, I think it is pretty nice!!!