Northwestern University 2016

carlsaganism

On 3/11/2016 at 3:33 PM, SLPCeli said:

I was just accepted into the graduate SLP program at Northwestern and plan to visit in 2 weeks? Has anyone here visited and fell in love? And has the price tag scared any of you? 

Hi there, in my case, I was accepted to three graduate programs prior to the visit to Northwestern. I was offered admission 1 week after the visit and immediately accepted the offer, i.e. the visit was amazing, Evanston and the whole feel of the campus and the student body was just wonderful.

11 hours ago, carlsaganism said:

Hi there, in my case, I was accepted to three graduate programs prior to the visit to Northwestern. I was offered admission 1 week after the visit and immediately accepted the offer, i.e. the visit was amazing, Evanston and the whole feel of the campus and the student body was just wonderful.

Thank you so much! That makes me really excited!!

• 2 weeks later...
17 hours ago, fencergirl said:

Anyone been able to make an email address yet? I got the info and link but keep getting an error message ;( 

I didn't have a problem making my email and account, perhaps call Northwestern's IT help desk?

Hello all - another one for NU signing in! I haven't officially accepted my offer yet because I'm still *technically* waiting on another school, but the other place would have to make an absolutely out-of-this-world offer to lure me away from Evanston (extremely improbable since there's not a lot of money/opportunity in theatre studies!), so I thought I'd join in here now. Nice to see several historians on this thread - although I'll be based in Theatre, the course is completely interdisciplinary and my research areas mean I'll probably spend most of my time split between English & History, so I may see some of you in class!

Thanks so much for all the housing info that people have already shared - I'm British and live in London, so for the most part I'm going to be house-hunting from afar. Your posts have been really helpful! I definitely need to find myself some roommates closer to Chicago to do the searching/viewing for me :D. Very excited to be heading Stateside!

I'm joining this party as well. Luckily for me, I already live in Chicago, however I'll certainly be moving out of my current apartment as it's in the West Loop, and aint nobody got time for a 1.25-hour L ride each way. Plus I won't be making a steady income capable of paying higher rent, so there's that. I am hoping to live somewhere on the north side of the city, but not as far up as Evanston. I'll be enrolling in the BME program. @talkingscop, I'm looking to assemble a band of potential apartment/housemates, and would definitely be down to help people search for places.

Hi everyone! I'll be going for a PhD in Mechanical Engineering. NU wasn't at the top of my list before, but I talked with my future advisor and visited a few weeks ago - changed my life. I love NU already.

Any other girls looking for roommates, please PM me! It's really daunting trying to find a place by myself without being certain about the roommate situation. I want to live closer to campus the first year (definitely won't be driving). 

I might be an engineer but it's great to see so many historians on here. In another life I would've gone into art history or something to do with languages. I'm trying to become trilingual in Chinese, Korean and Japanese. :)

Edited by gobmistake

I recently accepted my offer to attend Northwestern's chemical engineering PhD program! To all the ChemEs out there (and everyone else for that matter), I'm looking forward to meeting you in the fall!  

21 hours ago, vialy said:

Hi everyone! I'll be going for a PhD in Mechanical Engineering. NU wasn't at the top of my list before, but I talked with my future advisor and visited a few weeks ago - changed my life. I love NU already.

Any other girls looking for roommates, please PM me! It's really daunting trying to find a place by myself without being certain about the roommate situation. I want to live closer to campus the first year (definitely won't be driving). 

I might be an engineer but it's great to see so many historians on here. In another life I would've gone into art history or something to do with languages. I'm trying to become trilingual in Chinese, Korean and Japanese. :)

Hey Vialy!

I'm also a girl (if that wasn't made clear in my username :P ) I'm looking at places on my own if I can afford one but if that doesn't end up being possible perhaps we can talk some more. I'm also meeting my advisor-to-be soon and am excited but quite nervous!

I've been living in Japan the past two years and will be studying Japanese history this fall :) I'm definitely still polishing my Japanese to be honest though - that's great that you have such an interest!