Hi everyone!

I've applied to EPFL's MSc Physics programme for fall 2016. I'm sure many master's applicatants, like me, are still waiting to hear from them. This is a thread to discuss our concerns about their decisions, discuss our profiles etc.

Hey guys!

Anxiety here too! :huh:

They just said "beginning of March at the latest". I have seen results on Grad Cafe for some courses but not Biology or Physics yet.

do u guys have any idea what epfl looks for? :( they don't require GRE or sth so I thought they want good research experience (not that i have though) but when i looked at the results, there are few ppl who got rejected even though they had good research experiance in my eyes.... are they looking for GPA? recommendation letters? I wish i have little chance of hope................ D: i already got rejected to one school so I'm losing my hope :(

I can't really say specifically about EPFL. I have heard conflicting things about Swiss universities in general. I read somewhere that they place emphasis on grades but I do know of a guy who got into ETH Zürich with average grades but decent research experience. I wish there were more information about EPFL available somewhere. Believe me, I have looked everywhere but not much.

Btw I don't see any EPFL results on Grad Cafe in the last couple of days. I hope today there's some activity. :huh:

Edited by Shave31

Are you guys at all hopeful about the Excellence Fellowship? Would you attend EPFL even without it? 

I applied for it, of course, but really I don't believe there's any chance.