I got accepted to Vandy! Quick question about funding

malakchris

Just heard that I've been accepted to Vanderbilt with a 75% tuition scholarship. My question is if anyone knows about the potential to get more scholarships through the department? I'm trying to close to gap of that 25% and I want to exhaust all the avenues here! 

Presuming this is for M.Div/MTS. If so, there's no more official funding. Now, if you write the Director of Admissions and discuss that it's your #1 spot but you have needs which cannot be met by the 75% offer...then maybe. They do do it but not openly and only for select needs.

That said, there are avenues within the university to cover living expenses, part time jobs, etc.

I went the route that xpathos suggested, and they quickly shot back that they used to do that alot more, but don't any longer.  I still took the offer....and then i came back the next year with great grades, lots of research, conference presentations, etc., and asked for more, and they gave it to me...so, something to consider. 

There's also the possibility (potentially small) that you could be selected to receive full funding if someone should decline their offer at Vandy. I know they gave those offers earlier than other admits and have a deadline of March 21st to give a decision. 

Congrats!

I'm not a Religion major, but I did get accepted to Vanderbilt for the History PhD program. I was accepted with full funding last month, but last week I was informed that the History department put my name up for their Provost Graduate Fellowship, which I ultimately won. So yes, it is possible that your department may have put your name up for additional funding from the graduate school. 

Honestly, it wouldn't hurt to ask them. It's not like they can take your acceptance away for asking them about funding.

Good luck!