SAIS Fall 2016

Did anyone apply for either of the fellowships (that they sent out in the emails)? 

I also have a pretty pathetic quant background so I'm SUPER excited to learn more about economics. It'll be like having another undergraduate major.

If I end up going, that is.

Edited by ParisDreams

Yah I applied for the Priscilla Mason Fellowship. But I'm sure the competition for it is going to be extremely fierce so I have really low expectations about it.

Edited by manutdftw

2 minutes ago, manutdftw said:

Yah I applied for the Priscilla Mason Fellowship. But I'm sure the competition for it is going to be extremely fierce so I have really low expectations about it.

Me too! I'm actually VERY interested in Foreign Service (currently studying for the test) but I don't think I'll be very qualified academically for it. But I wrote my heart out on that essay.

Got IDEV! Didn't think I would get in at all.....which is why I didn't even submit my SAIS Financial Aid package....sigh I will be rejecting this choice and moving forward with LSE or IHEID. Congrats to everyone who got the results they wanted! :)

1 minute ago, ParisDreams said:

Oh gosh. I can't remember ever turning in the financial aid form that was due on February 15th :( Just saw that was a part of my application. I never saw that as I was applying. I did submit my FAFSA though.

We are on the same boat!

10 minutes ago, unagi said:

Got IDEV! Didn't think I would get in at all.....which is why I didn't even submit my SAIS Financial Aid package....sigh I will be rejecting this choice and moving forward with LSE or IHEID. Congrats to everyone who got the results they wanted! :)

I made the exact same mistake. Do you think there's any chance we can still contact them and make our case?

11 minutes ago, jcass said:

I made the exact same mistake. Do you think there's any chance we can still contact them and make our case?

Not sure....It seems like it's our mistake and they wouldn't accept it if it was up to them so not sure..

2 minutes ago, hedong123 said:

I forgot to do that FAFSA stuff!  I guess I won't even be getting an email regarding financial aid!  So I won't be accepting my offer.  Sigh

Did you defer for two years or something? Here I thought you were a current student with the inside scoop. Haha

Just now, ParisDreams said:

Did anyone fill out the financial aid form?? I didn't even know it existed until I logged back in to check my status today. I submitted FAFSA.

I submitted. It was very simple.

57 minutes ago, SenNoodles said:

Okay, now time to start refreshing like a maniac for the funding email haha

Anyone else waiting on Harris later today?

Yep. Very late results.

18 minutes ago, hedong123 said:

I forgot to do that FAFSA stuff!  I guess I won't even be getting an email regarding financial aid!  So I won't be accepting my offer.  Sigh

FAFSA is not the same as financial aid. FAFSA is for federally subsidized loans, your scholarship from SAIS, if I understand correctly, has nothing to do with that.

Like many others, accepted to Bologna for ERE! Many congratulations to all.

Honestly without funding it would be difficult to justify SAIS' costs, but the curriculum is fantastic for my goals. I'm kind of in shock—I had a 3.45 overall GPA in undergrad! And terrible calculus grades! 

Some people on the results page indicated that they received "preliminary fellowship funding", so I think that given JHU-SAIS's stinginess on scholarships, if we haven't been notified of aid, we are not likely to receive it.