Professor Contact?

franc109

9 minutes ago, F.graminearum said:

I did the opposite and contacted the professors I was interested prior to applying and met with several at professional conferences. It helped me narrow down where I wanted to apply and who was interested in taking on students.

Thank you. I contacted professors before applying as well. I've heard of professors contacting students after reviewing their applications if they're interested in working with them. I haven't heard anything from the schools I applied to so I'm getting a little anxious :/

Edited by franc109

26 minutes ago, franc109 said:

Thank you. I contacted professors before applying as well. I've heard of professors contacting students after reviewing their applications if they're interested in working with them. I haven't heard anything from the schools I applied to so I'm getting a little anxious :/

I have yet to hear anything good or bad from any of the schools I applied to as well. It's hard to tell based off of many of the posts since I haven't found anyone else on here who are going into the same field, plant pathology (or even any of the related fields agronomy/agriculture). From my coworkers who have PhD's in my field they all heard via phone call or email from their potential PI.

I do relate to the anxiety getting worse as the wait gets longer.

3 hours ago, rising_star said:

Sometimes the professors call applicants before official decisions are released and sometimes they don't. There's no way to say whether not having heard anything yet is good or bad.

Ok, thank you for the information!