Emerson College

Hello everyone, I got accepted at Emerson on 03/09. I would love to hear as why to other accepted students would choose to be at Emerson? I am interested with working with speech disorders in children, acquired language disorders across the age span and voice disorders. I am also interested in dysphagia. I am trying to understand if the program will be a good fit for me or not. 

P.S - It would be a good way to get in touch with probable future classmates :)

Hey @CalChi SLP! I'm leaning towards Emerson over UVA (my two choices atm) but I'm also looking for a *little* more convincing. :) A pull for Emerson for me was the diversity of populations you can have the opportunity to work with and the philosophy of practice that is very family-centered. As someone who wants to work with chidlren with disabilities, I think a family-based approach is very integral for good speech therapy. :)

I'd love to hear more from all of you too!

Hey @straybirds Congratulations on the acceptance! I haven't been accepted to any other school yet, so I don't really have options. Having said that, I am soo excited about Emerson!!!!!!! Unlike you I am actually interested to work with the adult population more than the kids. 

Any idea if a Facebook group is made for the accepted CD students? It would be great to get in touch with others, especially since I am an international student.

On 3/16/2016 at 6:31 PM, OverCaffeinated said:

can someone figure out the tuittion for 2 years for me, like the total? im so confused by the tuition charges on the website, why coudlnt they just list it by degree...

I had estimated about $65,500 when I calculated program costs back in January. I assumed full-time status in all fall/spring terms and 6 credits over the summer semester (note that if you are missing any prerequisites, your program may extend into the second summer). That cost doesn't include health insurance. It was also based off of 2015-2016 rates, so if they approve increases for the 2016-2017 academic year, that is not factored in. I also didn't assume any increase in the second year, but you can probably expect one. 

1 hour ago, kc1m2l8c said:

I had estimated about $65,500 when I calculated program costs back in January. I assumed full-time status in all fall/spring terms and 6 credits over the summer semester (note that if you are missing any prerequisites, your program may extend into the second summer). That cost doesn't include health insurance. It was also based off of 2015-2016 rates, so if they approve increases for the 2016-2017 academic year, that is not factored in. I also didn't assume any increase in the second year, but you can probably expect one. 

Ok so on the higher end. Thanks for the info 

• 2 weeks later...

Has anyone else finalized their decision for Emerson?  I made my deposit last week, and I can't wait to start in the fall!

(Also, I requested to join the general accepted students' group, and no one has approved my request--anyone else have this problem?)

Sorry for the double post, but are any of your accepted people out-of-field? What are your plans for completing these courses? Going up to Emerson to take classes isn't feasible right now for the summer and I'm looking for advice!

• 2 weeks later...
12 minutes ago, mayaella said:

I was accepted off the wait list yesterday! I'm literally in shock I can't even process how excited I am

Congratulations!!!