Georgia Tech institute decision letter

alekya

Question

I received an acceptance letter from GA tech ISYE department, but it says that acceptance is not final until I receive one more letter from the graduate admissions office.Is there a chance of being declined admission by the institute,even after being accepted by the department ,or is it just a step to check the authenticity of the application material.I have a deadline to accept another offer by 23rd and GA Tech is on spring break till 25th.Can I be sure I will receive the other letter?Or am I risking it by letting the other offer go?

1 answer to this question

Hi!

I've read the following information around here, while browsing the forums.

In most cases, the letter from the graduate office is just a formality. Besides checking authenticity, they will check that your application meets with the school rules, e.g, if there is any kind of cutoff for TOEFL or GRE results. Even thou, probably, the department has a higher cutoff than the school itself.

Another issue is funding. If they are offering you funding, perhaps the graduate office needs to approve their budget.

I have also received an acceptance letter from a department. But it came out a little different than with you. They said that the Dean will send the official letter after I accept theirs.

Well, this comes a bit late, but could have asked that other school to extend their acceptance deadline... I hope you get a good -- and final! -- offer from GaTech!