Literature GRE scores from 7 November

I just signed up for the new GRE look at your scores online thingie. I already had my general scores, but thought, what the hell, I can sign up now and check again when the lit scores come out in early December. Imagine my shock/surprise to see that there is a score up! Well, not a full score, it's a bit crazy. It has the number of questions I got right and wrong, and the raw score, but no percentile or score out of 800. Just thought everyone who took the November 7 test would like to know, to assuage the agonies of waiting somewhat. Also, I'd like to know if everyone can see some sort of score, or if my account is just broken or something and showing any old number!

can u give me the website address??!

It's at http://www.ets.org/portal/site/ets/menuitem.1488512ecfd5b8849a77b13bc3921509/?vgnextoid=ed252d3631df4010VgnVCM10000022f95190RCRD&vgnextchannel=a4e846f1674f4010VgnVCM10000022f95190RCRD#scoresonline

Or just go to the GRE site and look at score reports and it now has the option to 'view scores online'. You have to make a profile but it's all easy.

My Subject raw score is there, too! Thanks for the tip.

Oh good, it's not just me! I thought I might be seeing things...I suppose the percentage and score will depend on what everyone else gets, so we can't estimate it properly yet.

I just took the GRE yesterday (11/20/09) and cannot look up anything. Maybe it's too early. However, I wondered about how this "raw score" that you guys describe looks like. Could one of you please post a screenshot of what you get when you click on "view scores online" and log in for the test? Would be really great of you guys.

Thanks,

Marvin

Interesting development- now it says scores absent. Who knows what that's all about. Anyway, the 'raw score' (or 'formula score' as it is called on the Scores Online page) is your score for the Lit GRE before it is turned into a proper score (out of 800 or whatever). It's the number of questions you got right out of 230 minus the number of questions you got wrong divided by four (because you lose a quarter of a mark for every wrong answer). So let's say you got 170 right, 32 wrong, and left 28 blank. Your raw score would be 170 - (32/4), so 162.

Thanks, so I guess my question is this: Can anyone of you give me a screenshot of how the score of a general GRE test is reported on the mygre website? Since I cannot look up my score from Friday right now, I'd really like to find out if the look of this website is comprehensive enough to print and send it as an "unofficial score".

Thanks, so I guess my question is this: Can anyone of you give me a screenshot of how the score of a general GRE test is reported on the mygre website? Since I cannot look up my score from Friday right now, I'd really like to find out if the look of this website is comprehensive enough to print and send it as an "unofficial score".

The score report will have all of the pertinent information to make a report "unofficial," your name and personal information, date of the test, scores for math, verbal, and AW, and the respective percentiles--everything that the official score report has. The only caveat to all of this is that it states several times that this cannot be used as an official score report.

Marvin,

I am a little confused. Didn't you receive your scores right away when you took the GRE? I don't think the "my gre" would be any different. In fact, my GRE scores don't even show up in it and I took the test over a month ago.

Marvin,

I am a little confused. Didn't you receive your scores right away when you took the GRE? I don't think the "my gre" would be any different. In fact, my GRE scores don't even show up in it and I took the test over a month ago.

Hi Rainy_Day,

I understand your confusion :-). My situation is that I apply for a university that also accepts unofficial score reports. And since I have a big time issue I thought that using a printout of the website would be a great solution. I'm just not sure if there is all the information that I need. Therefore, I asked for a screenshot, because that would help me very much to validate with the university that all the necessary information is on there.

I got my score on the test day right away, and I know that it is enough for this application. This is why I'm desperately trying to find a solution ;-)

Thanks for your help!

Hi Rainy_Day,

I understand your confusion :-). My situation is that I apply for a university that also accepts unofficial score reports. And since I have a big time issue I thought that using a printout of the website would be a great solution. I'm just not sure if there is all the information that I need. Therefore, I asked for a screenshot, because that would help me very much to validate with the university that all the necessary information is on there.

I got my score on the test day right away, and I know that it is enough for this application. This is why I'm desperately trying to find a solution ;-)

Thanks for your help!

Ah, I see. I would recommend going to the website and creating an account, then. It only takes a few minutes and then you can print it out yourself. I'd post a screenshot, if any socres were listed of mine. :)

Anyone tried the phone score report yet? I was guessing it will be December 7th, the first monday after 4 weeks have passed

Just had to call ETS about some unrelated incompetence and confirmed that scores will be available by phone on the 7th, and will be mailed on the 18th

Mine says that too. I think that's the default "not available" statement. Do people think that they will post our scores on this when they are available to pick up by phone? Or will they wait, forcing us to spend the $10 (or whatever it is) to acquire scores before they are mailed?

Mine says that too. I think that's the default "not available" statement. Do people think that they will post our scores on this when they are available to pick up by phone? Or will they wait, forcing us to spend the $10 (or whatever it is) to acquire scores before they are mailed?

It's ETS, they won't miss an opportunity to extort us.