Georgetown Applied Economics Masters Program

ct12

Question

Hey Everyone, 

I just got accepted to the Applied Economics program at Georgetown and was trying to find more information on its reputation and how it compares to other programs. I've been accepted to other schools that are obviously more cost efficient but am unsure if the Georgetown program is worth the cost. 

Any advice would be helpful!

1 answer to this question

Hello!

First, I would check the graduate school ranking list at US News; you can filter by department (economics) to get a sense of where Georgetown falls relative to other schools.

Second, see if you can find any statistics about what recent grads are up to from Georgetown, as well as what they're up to from the other schools you're considering. If you think that the extra cost is worth what benefits you would be afforded from having attended Georgetown, then go. If not, then go elsewhere.

Finally, I would recommend speaking with someone in the field you're trying to enter to see what they say. Ultimately, they will be much more of an expert on subjective views about different programs and how important prestige is relative to other considerations than you or I. 

Hopefully this is helpful!

Edited by kwils76