University of Texas at El Paso- SLP admissions

maryjazz66

Has anyone here been accepted to the Masters program at UTEP for speech therapy for the Fall of 2016?

Through the grace of God, I was accepted last week and soon after accepted the admissions offer. 

However, I have not gotten anything back from them. 

Has anyone that has accepted the offer here has gotten word from them? 

I guess I shouldn't be freaking out, but I just want to make sure they are just ironing out the last couple of people and not that I am missing something in my email! lol

Edited by maryjazz66

Hey! My names Emily Dalton and I just accepted a spot at UTEP for Fall 2016. I emailed them last Friday (Got my acceptance Wednesday afternoon) to confirm and I still haven't heard anything either!! I was freaking out but I just assumed they didn't have all their spots filled yet but I'm dying for more information! Are you from out of state? 

I'm in the same boat! I accepted my admission offer last week and haven't received an email since. I'm guessing they are still sending out acceptance offers and trying to solidify the cohort? 

I was freaking out because I was worried that they might not have gotten my email, or that I didn't send it before the Mountain Time deadline. Lol. But I guess no one has heard back yet! 

15 hours ago, Emdalt said:

Hey! My names Emily Dalton and I just accepted a spot at UTEP for Fall 2016. I emailed them last Friday (Got my acceptance Wednesday afternoon) to confirm and I still haven't heard anything either!! I was freaking out but I just assumed they didn't have all their spots filled yet but I'm dying for more information! Are you from out of state? 

Hello there Emily! 

Ok I'm glad to hear this! lol I guess they are all just still ironing out the details! 

And I'm actually from El Paso myself. I grew up there! 

However I am about to finish my undergrad at UT Austin! I really love El Paso and it's definitely a city I want to serve, hence why I am going back there :D. The people are great, the city is cheap to live in, traffick is not too bad! But yes I'm excited to meet you soon! 

As soon as they send us more info of course lol

13 hours ago, nugget_speechie said:

I'm in the same boat! I accepted my admission offer last week and haven't received an email since. I'm guessing they are still sending out acceptance offers and trying to solidify the cohort? 

I was freaking out because I was worried that they might not have gotten my email, or that I didn't send it before the Mountain Time deadline. Lol. But I guess no one has heard back yet! 

Ok I'm glad to hear I am not the only one! 

I guess we will find out more info soon! 

Hi y'all, my name is Arlene. I'm still waiting on a reply from them. I accepted the admissions offer on March 27 (that was Easter Sunday) and have yet to hear back. I guess they are waiting to hear from everyone before sending out any more info. I'm a UT Austin alum btw :)

On 4/6/2016 at 11:45 PM, aotexas said:

Hi y'all, my name is Arlene. I'm still waiting on a reply from them. I accepted the admissions offer on March 27 (that was Easter Sunday) and have yet to hear back. I guess they are waiting to hear from everyone before sending out any more info. I'm a UT Austin alum btw :)

Hey Arlene! 

I'm a soon to be Ut Austin Alumn!! 

excited to meet ya'll soon

Just got my official acceptance letter sent to my email today! There are no real instructions in it, but it did provide my student ID. I also got a little postcard type thing in the mail earlier this week (from the student financial aid office) and it has instructions on how to check your status and set up your UTEP email account with your student ID #. 

To check your financial aid status/scholarships/holds/admission status go to: https://mystatus.utep.edu

To set up your UTEP email account go to: https://newaccount.utep.edu

You'll need your student ID # to do both of these things. Hope this helps and I'd like to know if any of y'all get any further instructions on what the next step is in terms of advising and registration. 

On 4/6/2016 at 11:45 PM, aotexas said:

On 4/8/2016 at 10:42 PM, maryjazz66 said:

Hey Arlene! 

I'm a soon to be Ut Austin Alumn!! 

excited to meet ya'll soon

Wow it's a small world! I'm also a UT Austin alum :)