GSPIA University of Pittsburgh

About to finish up my first year here. GSPIA is a great school with a lot of diversity. You have students with many different backgrounds and career interest, from the local to federal level.  It is however often overlooked due to its location (not in D.C.). I ultimately chose here over GWU due to the cost. Pittsburgh is much cheaper. IMO the programs and courses were equal for my interest, GWU just seemed a bit more appealing because it was in D.C. However as I learned, many current students who want to work at the federal level are getting federal internship offers and our faculty talk all the time about former students who currently work at the federal level. Plus for those that still want the D.C. experience, they do have a program to study and work there for a semester. Hope this helps. 

Yes, thank you for taking the time to reply. I was recently admitted with good funding and I am seriously thinking about accepting. If you don't mind: have you had time for a job? Also, how have you liked living in Pittsburgh? Are faculty great?

Np, I would suggest primarily focusing on the programs/ courses that are offered and the finances. That is, awesome that you got funding, most students here don't get any. As for jobs, if your a good candidate and student you will get a job. Especially with the government. A GS 07 is a GS 07 and a GS 09 is a GS 09 no matter where your degree is from. From my limited gov't experience, they hire from all schools from the big names to the ones you have never heard of. The most important thing is making yourself more competitive which you can do at GSPIA or any of these other schools just as equally. The faculty, from my experience, is great and extremely friendly and I have not heard of any faculty members that were horrible or anything. Pittsburgh is a great city on the rise, I enjoy it. Also, consider you would only be here for a few years just to get your degree. If you did not like something about any of these cities you are looking at, just remember you would only be there temporarily.