Humphrey vs. Trachtenberg (Masters, Public Policy)

Hello,

I have been accepted to Humphrey School of Public Policy, University of Minnesota with a Humphrey Scholarship, and George Washington University with a Global initiative scholarship for a Masters in Public Policy. Both are covering about 67% of my tuition (GW is a more expensive school, though). After talking, to various faculty and students, I get a sense that DC is a better place  to study public policy. However, some people are also of the opinion that Humphrey is one of the very well-connected schools. 

Given the more expensive tuition of GW and higher cost of living in DC, my question is if it is worth paying about 20,000 extra/per year to be inGeorge Washington University over University of Minnesota. 

I would really really appreciate the feedback.

Thanks 

Congratulations on admissions to two excellent programmes. It depends on your profile, goals and academic interests. Would D.C. location and proximity to fed gov, think tanks and IOs absolutely essential to yr professional development? Can you afford paying $40K extra over 2 yrs for GWU? Which syllabus/concentration appeal to you more?

I notice that Humphrey Career Office's internships stats list mostly Minnesota organisations (state & local gov, non profits in Twin Cities) but very few in D.C. Given the class profile and percentage of in-state students, Humphrey's stat is understandable.