Anyone applying to UCBerkeley's Molecular & Cell Bio program?

butterfingers

Hey everyone,

Does anyone know what kind of answer they are looking for when they ask for a list of faculty members according to the research interest, and WHY they are listed in that order? What am I supposed to say? "Most interested in p53 pathway", "not as much, but a high enough, interest in oncogene addiction" etc etc?? The response is supposed to be very brief (1 sentence) so I don't really get what they're asking here.

Hey everyone,

Does anyone know what kind of answer they are looking for when they ask for a list of faculty members according to the research interest, and WHY they are listed in that order? What am I supposed to say? "Most interested in p53 pathway", "not as much, but a high enough, interest in oncogene addiction" etc etc?? The response is supposed to be very brief (1 sentence) so I don't really get what they're asking here.

I applied for the neuroscience track, but they asked something similar (and I thought they gave WAY too little space). Long story short, I listed the faculty I'd be most interested in my statement of purpose, then gave little blurbs such as, "Similar interest in stem cell transplantation," or, "Matches my interest in viral vectors," etc. I think they just want a quick reason why you chose them, nothing super in-depth.