Master's Biomed Eng, Low GRE

bme123

Hey all,

A lot of you seem to have great advice about Graduate school.

I'm planning on applying to schools for a Master's in Biomedical Engineering; however, I feel like my chances of getting accepted went down a lot since I've taken my GRE.

I got 780Q and 410V. I was wondering how much this low score would affect my chances of acceptance.

I have a 3.4 GPA in undergrad at a public state school with research experience .

I was hoping to apply to Rutgers University, Cornell, and Columbia for an M.S. in Biomedical Engineering. Can anyone with any experience on this share their advice/predictions?

I've heard mixed comments about engineering schools not taking verbal as much into consideration, but I feel like the 410V just doesn't cut it.

I've registered for the GRE again at the end of December, but I'm afraid my Quant score will go down while trying to improve my Verbal score. Thus, I want to make sure that I have no chance, or very little chance, of getting into these schools before taking the risk of retaking. Any advice is appreciated. Thanks.