Is 1320 a good score for a foreign student whose first language is not English?

Theoretical2010

Good for what? I think anything above 1300 should be ok for most places, but it's definitely not the greatest score... My scores are very similar (also international student) - Q750 V560 AW 3.5 - I think the worst of it is AW, but then again a lot of people say that they don't look at it so much. It was my second try at GRE, first time I got 4.5...

Bluntly, I just hate GRE :)

Good for what? I think anything above 1300 should be ok for most places, but it's definitely not the greatest score... My scores are very similar (also international student) - Q750 V560 AW 3.5 - I think the worst of it is AW, but then again a lot of people say that they don't look at it so much. It was my second try at GRE, first time I got 4.5...

Bluntly, I just hate GRE smile.gif

I mean good for going to top ten. Of course taking into account the fact that my gre physics score is 990/990, I think I have done not bad for top ten, what's your idea?

I mean good for going to top ten. Of course taking into account the fact that my gre physics score is 990/990, I think I have done not bad for top ten, what's your idea?

I am sure that these results will be good enough even for top ten - if the rest of your profile is excellent. Because as much as I know and as I truly hope, they will look at the whole packet rather than just test results. But your 990 sounds fabulous. Congrats smile.gif

Edited by gremot

1320 is exactly my score too (560V/760Q/4.0 AW) and I'm also not a native speaker. Everybody I talked to said it should be good enough since math is solid and for life sciences (and I'm sure for physics too) it's one score that matters the most.

I am somehow concerned about my analytical writing 3, of course people say it's not so much important for physics. but the fact that my Percentile in Analytical writing is only 10% some how bothers me!

It's not a great score, however, if your TOEFL/IELTS scores are alright I doubt it will matter very much. I think almost everyone considers AW the least important part of the GRE. 520 is a decent score for someone whose first language is not English.

• 4 weeks later...

I got Q 800 ; V 520 ; AW:3

taking this into account that my country first language is not english is 520 verbal or 3 AW a good score ?

You should be fine. I have scores in the same vicinity. I got a 1300 (760Q, 540V, 4.0AW) and I am not a native speaker either. I don' t think many American students in the Sciences score higher in the verbal (or quantitative) part.