Horrible program administration and communication = deal breaker?

The person of contact for one of my top choice programs has been absolutely terrible in terms of communication, clarity, helpfulness, and has at times been downright rude. Besides that, everything else about the program including faculty, students, location, etc. is solid. People talk a lot about the "feel" of a program being really important. I don't want to decline the program just because its representative, whom I may not interact with much or at all during my time there, has been really bad. But at the same time, the interactions I have had have been pretty potent such that I don't want the possibility of that negativity plaguing me the whole time if I do decide to attend. The program itself isn't quite as good of a fit as the other program I am considering, but it beats the "better fit" program in nearly every other aspect.

Edited by Grad1234567

I would worry more about if you liked your adviser or program director more than this person. If you feel that strongly, then I guess you could not go there if you have other acceptances. I would try to visit the schools too. I've applied to schools without visiting. I think visiting is better. I sat in classes with one program and didn't feel like I could relate to any of the students. They rejected me anyway but I don't think I would have been happy there.

I should have mentioned that this is the program's coordinator. I will get a faculty advisor(s) within a semester or two who will be my primary mentor, but besides that I'm honestly not exactly sure how much this person and I will interact beyond admissions once the program begins. Do people tend to interact much with program's representative throughout their time in the program for various things like registration, signing up to graduate, etc., or does the faculty advisor typically help with that stuff? My use of "administration" was probably off, as there are other people in areas like career services who I am sure are great that I will probably go to a lot.

Edited by Grad1234567

What I would worry about is this is the BEST your going to be treated since they are still courting you. Do other people there seem to be ok? Can you ask the other students about their level of interaction? if at all possible visit, if not ask for other students to talk to (or hunt em down manually)