call from admissions? SO CONFUSED.

Hi all,

I am waitlisted at my top choice program, and have not committed to any other schools that accepted me.

Just a few days ago, the director of admissions called me to "update" me on the waitlist status, saying that they are moving into the waitlist now, and she wanted to know if i had committed to any other schools. I said no and that i will 200% enroll if i am given a spot. she told me that she is still trying to confirm some things, and that she will "hopefully have an answer" by monday. What does this mean?? should i take this as a sort of a yes? Would she call and later reject me after all?

Please help me guys! I'd appreciate your thoughts on this!!

thank you!

5 hours ago, zimermanana said:

Hi all,

I am waitlisted at my top choice program, and have not committed to any other schools that accepted me.

Just a few days ago, the director of admissions called me to "update" me on the waitlist status, saying that they are moving into the waitlist now, and she wanted to know if i had committed to any other schools. I said no and that i will 200% enroll if i am given a spot. she told me that she is still trying to confirm some things, and that she will "hopefully have an answer" by monday. What does this mean?? should i take this as a sort of a yes? Would she call and later reject me after all?

Please help me guys! I'd appreciate your thoughts on this!!

thank you!

So you would enroll without funding? Quite a statement to make!

The thing is most schools will give you the answer after April 15th. Since they make offers to other students, and wait for their answers. If they decline the offer, the opportunity is passed to the next person on the waitlist. If they accept the offer, then you won't get the spot.