Anyone heard from EE program of these unis?

msd79m

Hi,

I have applied for Electrical Eng. (PhD program) of these universities: Columbia, BU, Delaware, IIT, Rice, UCSD, UCSC, Rensselaer, U Arizona, and Washington (Seattle). I have got two rejections from Washington and UCSC :cry: . I have not heard from other universities until now. Do you have news from them?

Regarding the ranking of these universities in EE, the UCSC is the worst that I have been rejected :cry: . Do you think I still have chances to get acceptance from other unis?

From the above i have applied to BU and UCSD EE programs. I have not heard from any of them. I think you still have chances since one of my friends got rejected by Princeton but admitted to several universities including Stanford, Michigan-Ann Arbor and Cornell which are ranked better than Princeton.. But my same friend has also acceptance from UCSD with funding. I think we at least missed chance of getting fellowship from it..

Thank you for your reply. I hope you hear good news from them. Many of applicants who had applied for UCSD and Columbia have already got acceptance or rejection notifications. I don't know why they have not notified us.

Thank you, I know 2 more people who have not heard from UCSD and those have very strong records. So, I am still hopeful about it. By the way, I know a guy who is admitted to masters program of Columbia..

• 2 weeks later...

Do u know UCSC specific ranking in EE...

Hi,

I have applied for Electrical Eng. (PhD program) of these universities: Columbia, BU, Delaware, IIT, Rice, UCSD, UCSC, Rensselaer, U Arizona, and Washington (Seattle). I have got two rejections from Washington and UCSC :cry: . I have not heard from other universities until now. Do you have news from them?

Regarding the ranking of these universities in EE, the UCSC is the worst that I have been rejected :cry: . Do you think I still have chances to get acceptance from other unis?