CMU EPP v GA Tech Public Policy

First of all, I admit I might sound paranoid in this post. But I feel like I'm running out of time so I just want to preemptively prepare myself.

I'm debating between these two programs that are both supposedly good in the subfields I'm interested in (innovation policy/telecommunication policy). The problem is, CMU still hasn't announce their decision (I told you I'm being paranoid), but I won't have time to do campus visit before I have to decide on GA Tech's offer. Honestly I like the program at GA Tech and the people, I just didn't like Atlanta much based on my two-day school visit. I know I shouldn't make my decision for the next 4-5 years of my live base on where I'll live alone, but then again, I don't know anybody at CMU, the program, or the city. And if I got in, I won't have time to do research on them (I currently live/work in Minneapolis and I don't have $500-$600 lying around to buy the last flight out to Pittsburgh to do that) before April 15th deadline for GA Tech, which I already asked for an extension from March 18th.

So, any thoughts? What would you do? On the one hand I kinda wish I got rejected by CMU so I won't have to choose, but on the other, CMU is a good school and EPP is one of the best programs in the field, plus I think I'll probably need less adjustment to moving to Pittsburgh from Minneapolis (culture/weather wise).

Edited by Sorawit

I'd wait until the 14th then accept the offer at GA Tech, assuming I hadn't heard back from CMU by then.

I'm sure CMU knows that the deadline for most offers is the 15th of April. Also, an offer given is better than a potential one. Would you be okay with the possibility that, if you did hold out for CMU, you'd have nowhere to go in the Fall? If you pass on GA Tech and you get rejected at CMU, it might be the case.

sI won't hold out for CMU. I think both programs would be a great fit for me. I just want the time to explore both schools which I now think it's not going to happen. If CMU won't release their decision before April 15th, it's their loss, not mine.

Edited by Sorawit

Have you recently contacted CMU about the status of applications?

Maybe it's worthwhile to send them a email if you haven't recently, considering it's the 11th hour.