Fletcher decisions coming soon...

Lusaker

Just got an email telling me I forgot to check the early notification box but that my decision has been rendered. I guess those who applied for the Jan 1 notification should be getting decisions soon. I saw they came out Dec 14 last year. Any idea if we get an email or snail mail?

Did you get in? If you did, would you mind sharing your stats?

I also applied for early notification but got no email from them saying my decision is ready. I have very very low hopes of getting in :(

Just got an email telling me I forgot to check the early notification box but that my decision has been rendered. I guess those who applied for the Jan 1 notification should be getting decisions soon. I saw they came out Dec 14 last year. Any idea if we get an email or snail mail?

Hey Lusaker, are you serious? You mean ALL of the early admission results were released on Dec 14th instead of Jan 1st?

That would be good, since I can then decide which schools to apply to before January deadlines based on the Fletcher result.

Hey Lusaker, are you serious? You mean ALL of the early admission results were released on Dec 14th instead of Jan 1st?

That would be good, since I can then decide which schools to apply to before January deadlines based on the Fletcher result.

I dunno if everyone gets notified on the same day though I assume so. I saw a few postings of folks from last year who got letters dated Dec 14 - some took longer to arrive than others. I'm not in the US, so just hoping they'll notify by email.

I dunno if everyone gets notified on the same day though I assume so. I saw a few postings of folks from last year who got letters dated Dec 14 - some took longer to arrive than others. I'm not in the US, so just hoping they'll notify by email.

Didn't they send you a link where you can go to get your decision? This is what I got along with a login and password: https://grad.admissions.tufts.edu/APP/login.aspx

Talking about last year's release date, the two entries I saw actually refer to Dec 12th as when they were notified (even earlier than Lusaker's references).

Of course, this may vary somewhat depending on their workload (BTW, I wonder if this year's number of applications would be more or less than last year's. Any thoughts?)

I am excited to know that in any case, I will probably know the result before Christmas. Then at least I know whether I can just forget about the applications of a great number of other schools.

Good luck to everyone!

Early Notification decisions for Fletcher Fall 2010 are out!

I got my decision, not admitted in this round but deferred to regular round (i.e. they'll review my app again in the regular round). At least I didn't get rejected!

Just got my acceptance about ten minutes ago. Thanks to all who are posting. It's helpful, while I wait for responses from schools, to know that others are experiencing the same anxiety as I. Good luck to everyone!

Just got my acceptance about ten minutes ago. Thanks to all who are posting. It's helpful, while I wait for responses from schools, to know that others are experiencing the same anxiety as I. Good luck to everyone!

Congrats Meg!!! I also got deffered to the Jan 15. application pile.

hope this is helpful.

GRE: 720V, 800Q, 6AW

Undergrad: magna cum laude, ivy-wannabe, international affairs

WE: 3+ years, about half in US, half in dev countries - human rights orgs

Recs: prof/mentor/adviser, supervisor, co-worker

SOP: very defined academic interest, less sussed out professional aspirations

did anyone hear about $$$?

Not sure how meaningful these stats are since they aren't the whole picture, but I also know that I can't help using others' to get a better idea of my own chances. So, for whatever it's worth:

GRE: 800V 780Q

Undergrad: summa cum laude, B.S. Economics, B.A. Political Science & History

Work Exp: ~2 years with the fed govt and with a U.S-based int'l nonprofit (jobs only peripherally related to academic & career goals)

Int'l Exp: 15+ months in developing countries

SOP: clear and focused academic interest, clear but less specific career path

To 2010 Applicant: My Tufts account stills reads undecided, like yours. Maybe they'll update it after the weekend?

To Lusaker: According to Fletcher's website, "notification of scholarship awards will be made in late March" ((http://fletcher.tufts.edu/admissions/deadlines.shtml). The waiting continues...

fancypants09, thank and here are my stats:

Undergrad: Economics, MIT

Grad: London Business School, Finance (Distinction)

GMAT: 730, 5.5

WE: 11 years -- Chase, Boston Consulting, then founded own investment firm 8 yrs ago w/ performance at 99%tile

Intl Exposure: based on Asia.

meg, that's a horrifyingly strong GRE score! GRE verbal is much too difficult for me; I used GMAT as a substitute. GMAT is much easier, esp for Asians I think.

Wow.....I'm surprised I didn't get rejected outright in the company of such amazing applicants!

I definitely need to retake the GRE and apply again next year.

Don't start talking like that until it's actually over - the EN accepts are going to be a ridiculously strong pool, but you still have a chance come spring. No defeatism allowed this early in the game.

Thanks for sharing your stats, early admits!

I had another quick question about the Fletcher online applications. How quickly are the statuses for recommendation letters updated, do you know? Just wondering if/when I should be sending out reminders to my LOR writers.