Rolling Admissions

BCHistory

I managed to submit my applications by the end of October, so the prospect of facing another two months before hearing back from the schools is driving me nuts!

So, do any of the history programs actually have anything closely resembling rolling admissions, or are we pretty much all stuck waiting until February/March?

Why did you send them off soooo early??? Even though I was working on my apps in October, I was nowhere near ready!

That's why I'm waiting until the last minute to send my apps off- less waiting time! :)

Why did you send them off soooo early??? Even though I was working on my apps in October, I was nowhere near ready!

That's why I'm waiting until the last minute to send my apps off- less waiting time! :)

I left law school after my first semester last year, so I had a good seven months until I found my present job to basically just work on my apps full time. I wanted to get them in well before the deadlines just in case any admissions committees started reading apps early.

But now the wait is driving me crazy, and I am praying that I can wake up tomorrow, and it will be February 1st. :lol:

I don't know of any history programs with rolling admissions. I am going to do my best to enjoy the waiting period, since I will probably face hefty rejections, and before decision time rolls around I will still be blissfully unaware of whatever failures strike in February/March/April!

• 3 weeks later...

I left law school after my first semester last year, so I had a good seven months until I found my present job to basically just work on my apps full time. I wanted to get them in well before the deadlines just in case any admissions committees started reading apps early.

But now the wait is driving me crazy, and I am praying that I can wake up tomorrow, and it will be February 1st. :lol:

No, any history program worth attending reviews applications all at once. There might be an MA prorgam or two with rolling admissions, but I haven't run across any of them.

And Feb 1st is pure optimism. Last year, I think I had one program reply in February, and it was close to the end.

No, any history program worth attending reviews applications all at once. There might be an MA prorgam or two with rolling admissions, but I haven't run across any of them.

Two of the three MA programs which I am applying to have rolling admissions, Bowling Green State University and Kent State University.