Applied on 29 April 2016 to MAPSS at UChicago

Blooms

I am an international student, and I have submitted the application on 29 April. (the final deadline is 30 April)

According to the MAPSS website, it says that "Persons applying after January 4 for our April 30 deadline will be notified once all materials are received and the file has been reviewed by our faculty committee, " but I am not sure how long it will take. I have checked the results page and found nothing because it seems that everyone had applied before 4 Jan (priority deadline). So I am worried this means that my chance of gaining admission at this stage will be very slim. Should I contact the admission office now (or when is more appropriate?)  Anyone in the same boat as me?

Any information would be appreciated! Thanks!

It will be a few weeks, minimum, before your application is read by a member of the adcom, the committee meets to discuss applications, the graduate division approves the list of prospective students the adcom decides to accept, and acceptance/rejection letters are drafted and posted to the application website. All this to say, give it a while before contacting the school-unless you had an issue submitting a required document, or another similar issue pertaining to the application itself.

Good luck!