Applied to 12 schools for Fall 2016, rejected at 10, waitlisted at 2 (which will not give me any info still about when they will expect to know. I'm about to take myself off the waitlists at this point it's ridiculous). 

CSD GPA post bacc is a 3.7, undergrad is 2.5. I have no experience in the field since I stayed at my old job for money after making the decision to go back to school.  It paid well enough for me to pay post bacc and grad school fees. I also wanted to devote all my time to raise my GPA this year. And I'm pretty sure that I did a damn good job. 

Had decent LORs and statement of purpose read by several grad students/Ph.D. Students/professionals both in the field and outside. 

Is applying to Spring admissions worth it? There's a small list I made of schools that have a spring semester cohort as well as fall. Is it less competitive? Or is it better to build my resume and apply again for the fall? 

This whole process is SO expensive I would only apply to 5 schools max for spring. But after getting rejected from 12 schools this fall, I am going to have to up the amount to like 30 next year! Ha!! 

1 hour ago, AshLeighB said:

Applied to 12 schools for Fall 2016, rejected at 10, waitlisted at 2 (which will not give me any info still about when they will expect to know. I'm about to take myself off the waitlists at this point it's ridiculous). 

CSD GPA post bacc is a 3.7, undergrad is 2.5. I have no experience in the field since I stayed at my old job for money after making the decision to go back to school.  It paid well enough for me to pay post bacc and grad school fees. I also wanted to devote all my time to raise my GPA this year. And I'm pretty sure that I did a damn good job. 

Had decent LORs and statement of purpose read by several grad students/Ph.D. Students/professionals both in the field and outside. 

Is applying to Spring admissions worth it? There's a small list I made of schools that have a spring semester cohort as well as fall. Is it less competitive? Or is it better to build my resume and apply again for the fall? 

This whole process is SO expensive I would only apply to 5 schools max for spring. But after getting rejected from 12 schools this fall, I am going to have to up the amount to like 30 next year! Ha!! 

There are still people getting in off of wait lists, so I'm not sure why you would want to remove yourself unless you really don't want to go to these programs.  If it were me, I'd probably rather work on improving all aspects of my application rather than go through another grueling app cycle so soon (Spring).  

I also would never recommend applying to more than 12 schools, tops, as you will spread yourself (and your letter writers) way too thin.  My original list included six schools, but I was getting overwhelmed (I'm a working mom of two) and so I cut it down to three and really worked hard on those essays and apps.  Try to do more research and be very selective in the programs you pick.  You may want to focus on programs that look at the last 60 rather than cumulative, as it sounds like it may be your undergrad that is weighing you down, GPA wise.  

17 hours ago, Jolie717 said:

There are still people getting in off of wait lists, so I'm not sure why you would want to remove yourself unless you really don't want to go to these programs.  If it were me, I'd probably rather work on improving all aspects of my application rather than go through another grueling app cycle so soon (Spring).  

I also would never recommend applying to more than 12 schools, tops, as you will spread yourself (and your letter writers) way too thin.  My original list included six schools, but I was getting overwhelmed (I'm a working mom of two) and so I cut it down to three and really worked hard on those essays and apps.  Try to do more research and be very selective in the programs you pick.  You may want to focus on programs that look at the last 60 rather than cumulative, as it sounds like it may be your undergrad that is weighing you down, GPA wise.  

Thanks for your input! I only say I'm going to take my name off because I've emailed these schools multiple times and they keep saying they have no updates so it's hard for me to believe I'm high on the waitlist. I am obviously waiting but it's not easy. 

Good point about spring. I'd have to do those apps by July 1 at the earliest. And then to have my professors do that in the next month and possibly again in the fall. No that's a lot. Gives me time to build my resume.